Just Engaged and Proposals

Popped the Question on Deserted Island!

I'm honestly the luckeist woman in the world. I have the most romantic fiance! He asked me to marry him in one of my favorite places in the world, Shackleford Banks in coastal NC. It is an island uninhabited by people, but home to about 130 wild horses. Only accesible by boat, there are no houses or facilities just gorgous beaches on the ocean and sound side and beautiful windswept dunes. We've always loved to go look for conch and whelk shells and hike across the island taking photos of the horses. We are both young- 24- so no boat yet! So we are only able to go a few times a year. We generally bring some type of picnic and this time we brought breakfast, huge banana nut muffins! We found a beautiful spot on the side of a dune and had a lovely breakfast before beginning our hike across the island. We climbed to the top of what is probably the highest dune on the island. We could see both the ocean and the sound and look out across to the other islands and see the Cape Lookout Lighthouse in the distance. He said "I'm going to put my sunglasses back in my bag" and opens his backpack. I had my back turned looking down at some of the wild horses. Then he said my name and I turned around to find him on one knee holding the ring!! He said "For the past 5 1'2 years I've called you my girlfriend, best friend and soul mate. Now I would like to call you my wife. Will you marry me?"

Definitely a day I'll never forget!
Definitely not a day I will ever forget!

Re: Popped the Question on Deserted Island!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards