Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Recently Engaged + Proposal Story

Hi Everyone! I have to admit, it feels a little daunting to be engaged (thought this would never happen to me) but I am, of course, very happy!

I got engaged on 12/27/12 in Chicago.

I write on my own blog and the full story is [here] and the reason why I'm not copy/pasting it is because there is a full story behind it with pictures and it doesn't transfer over easily into this new thread discussion box!

My fiance and I are currently in a LDR; I'm hopeful for graduate school in the fall and he'd like to work one year minimum in the field before thinking about graduate school as well ... all this translates to being unsure of when we'd actually get married and be able to BE together again. These were all issues I brought up to him before he had asked me (I knew it was coming). But out of curiosity, as I mention in the blog post, the fiance and I joked about a random date he picked in his head and it turned out to be a Saturday. I had told him (before checking to confirm) that if that date he chose was a Saturday, that would be our wedding date ... so I guess it is a tentative 5/17/2014.

What general advice, if any, can you gal's give me? Besides planning early and everything. What are things you wish you had known when you were first engaged?

Thanks so much and congratulations to everyone else!

Re: Recently Engaged + Proposal Story

• Options
    First, congratulations on your engagement!

Now, of the things I wish I knew when I first got engaged this is the most important (to me, at least): relax, enjoy being engaged. When FI and I got engaged last year I didn't really stop to enjoy it at first. I thought I had to immediately jump into planning. Now that I've had a year to get used to it, I'm enjoying it more. 

Aside from that, I wish someone had told me I was wedding planning in the wrong direction, haha. I had my prioities all out of whack (I've since been corrected, lol). Stick around the boards, lurk, participate, and you'll get tons of great ideas from the ladies around here. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • Options
    Congrats and happy planning!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Congratulations! :)
  • Options
    Congrats! Happy Planning!
  • Options
    Congratulations^-^
    Daisypath Friendship tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards