Just Engaged and Proposals

Surprise V-Day Proposal!!!!

For the last two and a half years, my boyfriend (now fiance) has told me that proposing on Valentine's Day or any other holiday is tacky. So this year for Valentine's Day, I told him that I wanted to have dinner and go dancing. During dinner at our favorite Mediterranean place, he told me that my gift was still at his house. So after dinner, he dropped me off at my apartment so that I could pick up my car. By the time I got over to his house, he had built a fire in the fireplace, opened a bottle of champagne, and had DirecTV's Love Songs channel on the TV. Since our town doesn't have a lot of places to go dancing, he created one for us at his place. Halfway through our first glass of champagne, "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton came on, which I LOVE! He asked me if I wanted my gift. As he got up to get it he pushed the coffee table far away from the couch (should have be a sign). Then he handed me a box of chocolates that had the name of a local jewelry store written on it. Next thing I know he's down on one knee beside me. He got emotional and tongue-tied. His exact words to me were "Will you......I can't even say it....Will you marry me?" After saying yes and hugging ang crying for about 5 minutes, he asked "Would you at least look at the ring?" I was so shocked that he asked me that I completely didn't even notice the ring. Best Valentine's Day surprise ever!!!!

Love and Blessings
September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Surprise V-Day Proposal!!!!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_surprise-v-day-proposal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:4192c143-abac-417f-9af2-c9e99c4e5ffbPost:371d506c-c0e9-4b20-8cbf-b7bde2e30119">Surprise V-Day Proposal!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]For the last two and a half years, my boyfriend (now fiance) has told me that proposing on Valentine's Day or any other holiday is tacky. So this year for Valentine's Day, I told him that I wanted to have dinner and go dancing. During dinner at our favorite Mediterranean place, he told me that my gift was still at his house. So after dinner, he dropped me off at my apartment so that I could pick up my car. By the time I got over to his house, he had built a fire in the fireplace, opened a bottle of champagne, and had DirecTV's Love Songs channel on the TV. Since our town doesn't have a lot of places to go dancing, he created one for us at his place. Halfway through our first glass of champagne, "God Gave Me You" by Blake Shelton came on, which I LOVE! He asked me if I wanted my gift. As he got up to get it he pushed the coffee table far away from the couch (should have be a sign). Then he handed me a box of chocolates that had the name of a local jewelry store written on it. Next thing I know he's down on one knee beside me. He got emotional and tongue-tied. His exact words to me were <strong>"Will you......I can't even say it....Will you marry me?" </strong>After saying yes and hugging ang crying for about 5 minutes, he asked "Would you at least look at the ring?" I was so shocked that he asked me that I completely didn't even notice the ring. Best Valentine's Day surprise ever!!!!
    Posted by emidle2008[/QUOTE]

Sooo cute. Congrats!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So sweet, congrats!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congrats!  I had a suprise V-day proposal too!  Happy planning!
  • How sweet! Congratulations!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards