Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Resetting ring

I am newly engaged and my boyfriend gave me an heirloom ring that we are considering resetting. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to reset a solitaire diamond so that it has a pave band? I love the diamond so don't want anything that would take away... Thank you!

Re: Resetting ring

• Options
    Hi, and welcome! 
    Congratulations on your engagement!
    We can't really give you a very good estimate... Sorry..
    It totally depends on how nice of diamonds you want, how many, what kind of metal, how many prongs you need, etc. Your best bet is to just take it in to multiple jewelers and ask them. I say multiple that way you have different prices to compare. 
    Sorry I can't be more specific, but diamonds range in price. I have seen a 1c diamond (for example, obv. you aren't wanting a bunch of 1c diamonds ;) ) run for as little as 2g to as much as 18g grand, totally based on the quality of the cut, clarity, color, etc. 
    Just make sure to say to the sales staff at different stores that you are CONSIDERING having it reset and are interested in a pricing to see if it's something realistic for your budget... Then they won't be as pushy to get you to do it right then and there. 
  • Options
    Great advice, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards