Just Engaged and Proposals

4 Year anniversary I Said SURE!

My Fiance (actually be able to call him my fiance :) ) we started dating 4 years ago we met through a mutual friend he had asked me out when we were hanging out at the local fair well when he asked me out instead of saying yes i said sure why not. till this day we always joke about it. there was something in me that knew this guy was going to be my one so like alot of people who have dated for awhile we talked baout marriage and the fufture. On August 15,2012 on our way to celebrate our 4 year anniversary in Grandbend, ontario. I had NO Idea on what was going to happen that day. We got to the bend and walked along the strip then decided to go to the beach as we walked along the beach we finally found a semi alone spot. we layed out the blanket and sat down he brought out a corked wine bottle with a paper inside he told me that we are going to write our wishes for the next 20 years on the paper and put it in the water. ( me still having no idea) started trying to open the bottle and then i had to un tape the paper which took a good minute or too but once i got the paper untapped there was another paper inside written on it was the words i have been waiting to here " Will You Marry Me?" of course i cried was so happy on the the bottom of the paper was three boxes yes, sure and no and i had to mark one off and of course i said sure:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 4 Year anniversary I Said SURE!

• Aww congrats!!! I got engaged on Aug. 15 as well!!! It's a very magical day :D

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thats a really cute story, congrats!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cute story! I also got engaged on our four year anniversary and we got married this month, on our fifth- congrats, it always makes those anniveraries extra-special.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • congratulations to all of you to. we are looking to propably get married in fall 2014(seems far away but yet not far at all) we are thinking this bc i want to go back to school and we want to have alot of debts paif off and money saved up to get married and to save up for a down payment. i want to do a lot of DIY but would it be too soon to start buying small stuff now as months go on if we wait till 2014?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • random4180random4180 member
    First Comment
    edited August 2012
     The one thing to remember is your plans can change, especially the further away your date is...I know we only had a yearlong engagement and there are things I bought that I wound up not using (I can only imagine it would have continued the longer I'd been engaged!) Best I can suggest is wait on things that could be influenced by things you haven't planned/booked yet (ie don't buy things that your choice of venue, florist, offciant, bridal party, etc will affect.) Even things you might think won't change and that only pertain to you could wind up being the hardest to settle on like shoes or jewelry! If you're in a place that books up quickly then start talking to vendors now but DIY and other stuff that you'll have to store for a year+? I wouldn't really buy anything until at least a year out- just enjoy being engaged!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards