Just Engaged and Proposals

The best proposal ever:) Perfect!!

On Friday, February 18, 2011, I was at school just like any normal day.  I share a class with Mandy Alvizo at North and all week long Mandy had been talking about how our principal, Mrs. Hendley was coming in Friday morning to talk with our class about how proud she was of them for getting the attendance award for the month of January.  That morning Mandy kept saying that she was nervous and didn't know why, and wanted to clean up the room before Mrs. Hendley came in.  I thought it was kind of weird because Mrs. Hendley comes in all the time, but didn't really think anything of it.

At about 7:50, the morning news came on and as soon as they were over, Mrs. Hendley came into our room.  Mandy said she was going to video tape the whole thing so we could put it on the news for Monday, which again I didn't think much about.  Mrs. Hendley started talking to our class about how proud she was of them for having such good attendance.  She then said that she wanted to play a game with the kids and that she needed 6 volunteers to come and help her.

She chose 6 students to come up and had them each turn around as she gave them a sign to hold up.  She told one at a time to turn around slowly so that the other students at their seats could read what the sign said.  The first student turned around and his sign read, "Raw" and had a picture of a raw egg.  The students read it and the next turned around with the sign that read, "Bin" with a picture of a grain bin on it. The students were reading them really well and I was still thinking nothing of it. I did notice that it sounded like "Robyn", but thought it was going to say something about Ms. Robyn and Ms. Alvizo's class.  The next said "Wheel" with a picture of a car wheel on it, then "Ewe' with a picture of a ewe on it, I was actually really proud because one of our students read it really well.  When the next student turned around with the sign that read, "Mare", I was started to figure it out.  I turned to Mandy and asked her what was going on.  She wouldn't even look at me.  The last sign read "Me" and it had a mirror on it.  Mrs. Hendley then looked at me and said, "Ms. Robyn, will you read this to us?"  I read it out loud and Seth then walked in the classroom with my mom and dad and his mom and dad right  behind him.  

Needless to say, this was the best proposal EVER and I couldn't have wanted anything else.  It was the best day ever! The ring is gorgeous and exactly what I wanted.  It was actually the ring we picked out about 3 years before.  I was pretty much useless the rest of the day at school and couldn't wait to leave to tell my family and friends about it.

Re: The best proposal ever:) Perfect!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards