Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Not engaged..yet...maybe?

So I have been browsing around theknot for a little while and decided to post my situation and ask for some advice from you ladies. I am in a very very happy and loving relationship with my boyfriend whom I also have lived with for about 1 year. We always talk about marriage and it is always "when" not "if". Well the situation is that we went looking at rings a few times and I found my perfect ring and he took a mental note of it. A few weeks after finding the ring our best friends got engaged, and I am the MOH. My boyfriend and I recently purchased a small business and will be opening it next week. Yesterday he came up to me and handed me a slip of paper, which I opened and found it to be the layway reciept from a few weeks ago for the ring of my dreams. I didn't really know what to say or think and he began telling me that he wants to marry me more than anything in the world but won't have the rest of the money until we start bringing some in from the new business. He had very good intentions and only wanted to make me happy...but I feel like he kind of ruined the surprise. I know that this whole situation is very strange..and I don't know what to think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards