Just Engaged and Proposals

It's About Time...

I've been on here a while, lurking and posting and all, so I figured it was about time that I gave my engagement story! This happened November 19, 2010.

Every year in the capital of Michigan, there's a major celebration called Silver Bells. It's basically a kick off to the holiday season and includes tons activities all over the city. The main events are the lighted parade, the tree lighting at the capital, and fireworks at the end of the evening.

I was going with my 15 year old brother and FI decided to come at the last minute (he originally didn't want to go.) He told me later that he really didn't want to go at first, but figured that would be a nice place to propose! =p

While we were watching the parade, my little brother said he wanted cotton candy but didn't know where the guy was. FI told him to go look for him and eventually my brother left. I turned to FI to complain about how my brother couldn't make up his mind over stupid cotton candy, when I saw him holding a blue feather.

Here's where the geekiness comes out: I love the game Harvest Moon which is a farming/life simulation game. FI doesn't like it, but I guess he listens to me talk about it. In the game, you propose to someone by presenting them with a blue feather. I told him how much I loved that kind of proposal, because it was so sweet and simple.

Anyway, I took the feather from him, breathless, thinking, "Is he really doing this...?" Next thing I see, he's digging in his bag, pulls out a little box with a ring in it and asks me to marry him. Little brother comes back at this exact moment and looked totally freaked out, haha! I asked him if he was serious about a million times, then said yes and started shouting excitedly, "I'M ENGAGED. HE'S MY FIANCE. OH MY GOD."

The ring was way too big (four sizes as it turns out), but FI came prepared with a chain so I could wear it around my neck. The three of us watched the lighting of the tree and the fireworks. Strangely enough, for the first time in years I wasn't freaked out by the fireworks at all! =)
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards