Just Engaged and Proposals

Damn Hormones!!! Dont bother responding...

I need some advice as I am the only one of my friends engaged so no one knows what im going through. I must start by saying I have the most amazing fiance in the world, he takes amazing care for me and loves me sooo much and I do for him.

Our engagement story is not one I like to tell, not even to my family. I am a hopeless romantic and maybe I just had biiger expectations but i really dont like to tell our engagement story to anyone and it seems thats what everyone wants to hear. My hunny said the most amazing and sweetest speech when he proposed and yes i cried, but when I tell my story i often get looks of really? thats it? My hunny proposed behind our car after watching fireworks on our one year anniversary (July 4th). No family was around, and it was really on the side of the road with horns of traffic all around. It was  not the romantic proposal i always dreamed of. He rushed the engagement to be able to propose on our anniversary, saving only a minute amount of money, so when showing off my ring, Ive gotten nothing but oh how cute and small, or oh the feathers in the diamond. I agree, I told him i prefered to wait till we could afford a ring that i would truely accept and love and no matter how many times i try to make myself accept our story and my ring i just cant. 

Has anyone experienced this as well, or what should i do? I cant talk to my hunny as it would break his heart, but i just feel horrible about it and with a long engagement already planned our story is all everyone wants to hear and i cant keep lieing to myself like it was special, when really i was rather disappointed. 

Any  opinions welcomed.

---------------TO EVERYONE WHO RESPONDED OR IS READING. I POSTED THIS DURING A VERY HORMONIAL POINT IN MY LIFE!!!! MY BODY WAS REACTING TO PREGNANCY HORMONES DUE TO A DIET DRUG I WAS TRYING. I LOVE LOVE LOVE MY RING, LOVE LOVE LOVE MY FIANCE, AND LOVE LOVE LOVE MY ENGAGEMENT STORY!!! THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED, BUT I AM MUCH BETTER NOW. THE DRUG MADE ME GO INTO A DEPRESSION, AND IT WASNT TILL I STOPPED TAKING THEM DUE TO A COLD, THAT I DISCOVERED THAT IT WAS MAKING ME AND MY FAMILY CRAZY!!!!! SOOO SORRY. AND AN UPDATE, WE HAVE MOVED OUR WEDDING TO NEXT OCTOBER, AS THERE WAS REALLY NO REASON TO HAVE A TWO YEAR ENGAGEMENT, WE WERE JUST WORRIED ABOUT FUNDS.
--------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards