Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Under The Stars

Brandon surprised Kelli with a cruise vacation for their 5-year anniversary.  He kept every excursion a secret and would reveal their next adventure the evening before. 

On the third night of the trip, formal night, Brandon told Kelli they were doing sunset photos on the deck and suggested they go check it out.  Once outside, Kelli noticed there was no photographer and asked if they could go back inside because it was hot and windy – and they were all dressed up! 

Brandon said no wait I have another surprise, we’re getting a private photo session.  Let’s sit and wait a few minutes, the photographer should be here any minute. 

While waiting, Brandon and Kelli watched the commercials airing on the movie theater screen by the pool…and then suddenly it was Brandon on the screen!  Confused, excited and completely taken aback, Kelli realized Brandon was proposing and the next minute he was on his knee.  Through teary eyes, Kelli said yes…

Brandon had met with a videographer on the ship earlier that day and videotaped a beautiful proposal.  A photographer really did show up to capture candid photos of the entire thing, and minutes later cruise staff delivered a bottle of champagne and single red rose.  It was perfect!  They even have the video and pictures to show friends and family..and someday their children.  

Re: Engagement Under The Stars

• Congrats!

A bit weird you wrote everything in the first person. Oh yeah, you may want to change your screen name from your e-mail for internet safety and all. And it is probably best not to use you and your FI's real names on this board.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_engagement-under-stars?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:7d65242b-21e7-45f0-a611-73a99aee1fb3Post:9d78a342-7d3d-4467-9731-64f5d1ac13db">Re: Engagement Under The Stars</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! A bit weird you wrote everything in the first person. Posted by MissySue20[/QUOTE]

Agree.
  • Congratulations! That was very sweet!!

I don't think it's weird at all that you wrote your proposal story in that fashion. It's your story; tell it the way you want to! =)

• Actually, it's third person, not first.

I'm guessing it's copied and pasted from her wedding website or something.

Anyway, congrats OP!
  • That sounds so sweet! Congrats toy you. I got my proposal on top of the millenium hotel in st louis and had a carriage ride around downtown. Always remember that day and smile. That was yall's special moment. Yo go girl.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards