Just Engaged and Proposals

buy a wrap to add to my ring?

I'm torn on this issue.  My fiance bought me an absolutely gorgeous diamond solitaire for our engagement.  It's stunning, I can't stop looking at it.  I went to the store where he purchased the ring to have it cleaned and while I was waiting, of course, one of the salesmen started showing me some wraps that fit the solitaire I have.  There was one that I absolutely fell in love with.  It's gorgeous, accents the ring beautifully, and looks great on my finger.  I was thinking of buying it myself around Christmas to accent my engagement ring but I do not want to hurt my fiance's feelings and make it seem like I wanted something other than what he purchased.  Like I said, I wouldn't ask him to buy it, I would buy it myself but still.....is that wrong to do?  I really don't want to hurt his feelings, I love the ring he bought me.  Any thoughts/experiences to share?

Re: buy a wrap to add to my ring?

• I am looking at getting a wrap as my wedding band.  I would definitely talk toyour fiance about buying a wrap... maybe you could wait until the wedding to get it as your band???
  • get it as your wedding band. you will seem ungrateful.
  • Definitely have the wrap be your wedding band.  I think that's what most people do who choose to use wraps. 
  • Ditto the wedding band.  
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • I bought my wrap for myself. I love it. I also bought plain bands, and I am going to wear it different ways just whatever I am in the mood for that day.

i don't know. My fiance just doesn't care about that stuff. when I brought it up, he acted like it was the silliest thing in the world for me to even think I had to ask if he cared what I put on my ring...but he is older, so things like that don't matter to him.

If your FI doesn't mind either, then you're good! Bottom line, if you have the money...he probably just wants you to love your ring the most you can. If a wrap makes you happy, then he'd probably want you to have it.
  • PS: just in case you were thinking of doing so, I am wearing a band with my wrap. it is a really small, plain band, but it all looks great together.
  • This was backwards for us.  FI wanted my ring to be 4xbigger than what it is.  So to compromise he made me swear to either get a wrap or have stones added later.  LATER... when I'm bored with my solitare.  He's going to buy it for me.  I've looked a a few, but IMO they overwhelm my solitare... and why do it now when in 20 years I can get a wrap and feel like I have a brand new ring. 

PS:  we've also going to add sapphires to the wrap.
    imageimageimage
  • I am getting a wrap as my wedding band, and I too have a solitaire ring, and it looks great together!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards