Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Pictures

When do people typically take engagement photos? Is it right after the engagement or a couple of months before the wedding? My mother suggested taking engagement photos soon  so she can place them on the engagement party invite. 

Thanks.

Re: Engagement Pictures

• Options
    They are generally fairly soon after getting engaged. A lot of people use them for their Save-The-Dates. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Thanks, now the search for photographers can begin :)
  • Options
    I would actually suggest holding off until you start looking into photographers for you WEDDING. 
    Many wedding photographers include an engagement shoot in their prices, and won't decrease their prices if you don't want it.. So you could end up losing money if you go with a photographer for your e-shoot now and use a different one for your wedding. 
    Also, I was really nervous about having a photographer follow us around at the wedding, so it was nice to have an e-shoot with our wedding photographer to get to know her, her style, get comfortable in front of us, explain to her what we want and are looking for, and get that dry run before the big and important shoot that is the wedding. 
  • Options
    We just had our e-shoot done on Saturday -- we're getting married in 3 months and have been engaged for over a year already.
    Do them whenever it's convenient for you.
  • Options
    IYou can do them anytime you want...
    We've been engaged since December of 2011 and got our pictures taken in May with warm weather at an amusement park. It was so much fun. Can't wait for the photographer to take our wedding pics.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I use Genevieve Bergeron Photography for all of my photography needs. I refer her to my clients as well. She is fast and you pay the engagement session, if you like her so much she puts that towards your day of deposit. I haven't had one complaint and my clients love her. Not only them though. She did my wedding and that is how I started working with her. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards