Just Engaged and Proposals

Re: Are we being to worried?

• No...you really can't.  And the reason is because it's the weight not "how big" the stone looks. 
  • No you can't. Caret weights are approximate.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I've heard from jewelers that you can't really see a size difference unless the stones have at least a difference of .20 Carats.  I wouldn't worry too much.  Although, when I hear 3/4 I would automatically assume that it would be at least .75....so I could understand being annoyed.
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • From what I've researched... most jewelers list a percentage to decimal chart, and for any measurement in a fraction form, it can range from usually .05 below and .05 above.  If it was at .65 carets, they couldn't call it a 3/4 caret -- they would have to call it a 5/8 caret (which is about .625 carets).  

You do what feels right for you.  A diamond is unique in its clarity, size, etc, and if you like the ring, mathematics aside, then I'd say stick with the one you have! 
    July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!
  • Mine is 3/4 carat too, but it is actually only .72.  I think it's fine.  I didn't realize there's a range for 3/4 carat or any other fraction until I went shopping. 
  • I wouldn't worry about it ... most people don't buy a full even sized carat because  you pay more when it is even sized even though one of the other 4Cs may not be as good.  We're actually specifically looking for diamonds that aren't even numbers to get a better quality and deal. Were really trying to stretch our $$on the e-ring and save as much money as possible. We got some good tips here
    http://www.engagementexperts.com/saving-money-on-an-engagement-ring.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards