Just Engaged and Proposals

Just engaged! =]

My boyfriend of three years asked me to marry him on Wednesday, completely shocking and delighting me. 
We had a long, busy weekend planned because we were both convocating from university Thursday evening, which also happened to be my 25th birthday. The weekend was packed with graduation activities and events as well as a Father's Day BBQ on Sunday. 
We decided to go for dinner on Wednesday and have a bday celebration since everything else was going to be jam-packed. As we were heading to the restaurant my boyfriend 'suddenly realized' our reservations weren't for an hour, oh no, what on earth could we do to kill the time? He suggested we take a walk through the gardens and fountains at our city's legislative buildings since we were already downtown and I usually try and make it there on my birthday anyways. The sun was still shining, the fountains going strong, and everything was beautiful. We were looking around, taking in the scenery, when he took both my hands, told me I was the better part of everything in him and he knew he wanted to spend every day of the rest of his life with me. I was already tearing up and then he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring.
It was a fantastic evening even though the first thing I did at dinner was spill a glass of red wine on him! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just engaged! =]

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards