Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

When do I start Planning?!?!

Hey I want to take a poll to help my fiancee and I get started.
We just got engaged recently!  We are both in college and he 
is in the army.  We plan on getting married in August 2013 after
I graduate.  When should we start planning?  He isn't done 
with training yet and I will be studying abroad for 5 months
next year.  HELP!!

April Hadrys

Re: When do I start Planning?!?!

• Options
    2012. you have plenty of time.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Yes, take this next year out to enjoy this time.  This will, more than likely, be the shortest part of your relationship together (that's saying that you guys dated longer than your engagement).  It's so short so enjoy it.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You don't need to start planning until you are a year out. No need to stress out you have plenty of time!

• Options
    Ditto pp's. Just enjoy your engagement right now. While you can start gathering and looking at ideas, it is way too early to pin down details, etc.
  • Options
    Agreed. Also, if that's your full name you really should edit it out.
  • Options
    I agree with that other posters have said. I would start planning the summer of 2012. That will give you plenty of time.
  • Options
    don't plan until 12-14 months out at the earliest. your tastes and budget will probably change a lot between now and then. congrats!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It's really up to you and how you plan, I got engaged in March of 2010, our date is 5/18/2012 and we have done most of our planning, we have our hall and putting down the deposits for the other big items. As now I am glad I have done this, since 2011 is a very busy year, not only with major weddings, baby arrivals, communions, baptisms, and my graduation in May and the start of my Masters Program in June. BUT that is me. I know how much time I will need to do certain things, and I won't be able to do them while in Grad school. GOOD LUCK to you.

After reading what i wrote... the earlier the better, Our wedding is NOT until May 18 2012, I went just this week to book the chapel, and I had to adjust my time becasue it was already booked.. SO if the venue you have your heart set on is popular or new.. sooner is not bad anymore.. espeically if you have a popular month... They have weddings booked in Oct of 2012 alaready as well... I thought I was ahead of the game
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards