Just Engaged and Proposals

Pave set rings

If you have a pave set ring, what are some pros and cons?  Would you suggest it, or not? I heard some bad things about pave, but the jeweler I am talking to insists on me getting pave!

Re: Pave set rings

• There are equally beautiful rings that aren't pave.  Get what you feel comfortable with.
  • Your jeweler's insistance to go with pave worries me.  I would find another jeweler, to be honest, because you should be working with someone who will listen to you.  I honestly am not a fan of the pave setting, and if my jeweler had tried to push me into one, I would have walked right out the door. 
    Anniversary

PersonalMilestone

Dancin' Shoes
  • Thanks!  But yeah...so as you can see it has a similar look but the diamonds on the band are a lot more secure.  And I actually asked my FI off-hand last night about the incremental cost (since it had been mentioned above) and he said that it wasn't a big difference at the place he got it.  He actually didn't even know about how diamonds in a pave setting can fall out so it was a complete fluke that he ended up choosing this setting instead. 

So it sounds like you can shop around and see what the incremental cost is at different jewelers since it may only be a small (and justifiable in some cases vs. losing stones) difference.
  • I have had my ring for a little more than 11 months. As I said before I have not had any problems as of yet.
  • My fiance, Mitch, is set to deploy soon and he has very little time to save up for a ring. We would like to set the date before he leaves, but there is no way he can afford a ring right now! Please vote for us to receive a free engagement ring from Simon G. It only takes a minute! Mitch really wants a wedding when he returns, and we are more than ready to tie the knot!!!

Our dream is just a click away!

http://www.simongjewelry.com/sweepstakes/151/

Thanks!
    <3 Hannah
  • with pave rings you have the chance of more stones falling out only due to the such small prongs holding them in. A little hair or anything can loosen it and have them fall out. Also sizing the ring more than half a size will give you greater issues with the pave diamonds falling out. 
  • Sadly I lost my first stone in my pave setting today.  Off to the jewler to get it fixed tomorrow.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards