July 2012 Weddings

AW Post: PIP of our wedding bands + house update

FI and I went to our jeweler and I finally got to try on my band over the weekend:

I LOVE house hunting. I could seriously spend all day long going to open houses and looking through houses that I am not even remotely interested in, simply because I find it fun. We decided to drive through some of the neighborhoods we liked and check out our favorite house and walk through a couple open houses. We stumbled across an open house for a home we hadn't seen before and got curious and went in.

Funny how life turns out, because just yesterday morning, fiance and I were talking about  our current #1 choice - while being an incredible home, it is missing some amenities (like a yard/deck space, and isn't in an absolute ideal location), and how perhaps we should just put an offer on it, because it seems impossible to find a house that truly has everything we have ever wanted.

Welp, this open house home had it. There is nothing missing. It is more expensive, BUT has an incredible carriage house apartment in the back currently being rented out that would take 1/3 off of our mortgage payment every month.

We are going back with our realtor tonight. This is the only home we have been in so far where I got super sweaty and got "THE FEELING". It was more of an intense feeling than when I found my wedding dress, even (and I sure got it bad when I found my wedding dress). I got so excited, I told the seller that I might pee my pants. He offered me a bathroom and privacy. hahahah. 
It turns out the seller thought my fiance was hot and mentioned to our realtor that "my fiance had the best teeth he had ever seen!" So we are planning to have my fiance dress up, keep his facial hair a little scruffy, and do a bit of teeth whitening before we go in tonight to talk numbers with the seller tonight :-D

Re: AW Post: PIP of our wedding bands + house update

• haha, I love that the seller has a crush on your fiance. Hopefully it helps you get the house and maybe even negotiate the price! Congrats on finding the house you've been looking for! For some people it's super frustrating, but I'm glad you have been enjoying it. I'm the same way. I love to look at houses and I watch real estate shows like it's nobody's business. I told my FI that when I retire, I could see myself going into real estate as something fun to do with my time.

• I love the bands! How exciting! I had to force fiance to try his on to see if it fit. Chances are he will NOT be allowing me to take a pictures so I can PIP on TK. :( hahaha

As for the house, I am so excited for you! I can't wait to hear about how it turns out numbers-wise. Distract them with your fiance's white teeth!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooh exciting! I love how you are shamelessly promoting your FI to the seller! Anything to help get you into your dream house :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How exciting! I love the bands and GOOD luck tonight!!! Make your FI look hot!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The bands look great! I love your ring!!

And, OMG, I hope the house works out for you!!! That's awesome that you found the perfect house for you!! Keep us updated! And post a pic if/when you can :)

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• thank you ladies!! You guys are sweet. It's kind of sad how sometimes, when something good happens or I accomplish something WR, I think about how fun it will be to talk about it on TK.  haha.

I wish I had pictures of the house!! It is a home that is "for sale by owner" so it is EXTREMELY undermarketed and not on any of the listing websites.  (this is partially why it is such a good value, and why there is currently no competition for purchasing the home!).  It has 4 beds, 4.5 baths, a gourmet chef's kitchen with a double kitchenaid fridge/freezer, a great outdoor party deck space, each bedroom is a suite with its own full bathroom, and the master suite has its own attached living room and laundry room and spa bathroom with double vanities and a jacuzzi bathtub. ugh it's TO DIE FOR. I am so excited about it that I have a stomachache and can't concentrate on working AT. ALL.
  • exciting! Bands are very nice!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • gorgeous rings!

And goodluck tonight. That is so awesome that you found the perfect house (:  I'm so happy for you and I really hope it works out.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_aw-post-pip-of-our-wedding-bands-house-update?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:eaa4dcb6-0cbd-417b-95b5-60877d4dab54Post:046e6af5-355e-458e-bedd-519627d30eca">Re: AW Post: PIP of our wedding bands + house update</a>:
    [QUOTE] It has 4 beds, 4.5 baths, a gourmet chef's kitchen with a double kitchenaid fridge/freezer, a great outdoor party deck space, each bedroom is a suite with its own full bathroom, and the master suite has its own attached living room and laundry room and spa bathroom with double vanities and a jacuzzi bathtub. ugh it's TO DIE FOR.
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Sounds AMAZING!  Good luck with the house and yay for your wedding bands!  Your ring is beautiful!
    weddingcake-1
  • Wow and everything about your house sounds amazing!
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I love the wedding bands!! Best of luck on the house tonight :).  I'm a real estate salesperson on the side and I absolutely love going to showings and such.  I get great ideas for myself and get to do something "fun" part of my days at work.

Anniversary
  • OMG that's awesome! I'm so excited for you on the house, can't wait to see pictures, it sounds amazing!

I want everyone here to buy houses so that I can live vicariously through you while we rent, lol :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beautiful rings!

Good luck with the house tonight... let us know how it goes!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • The house sounds amazing!! I'm so jealous!! Seriously, but I'll have to tell that story another time cuz I don't want to jinx anything! ;-) Your rings look great btw!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards