Just Engaged and Proposals

Proposal Story competitions?

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone had a list of proposal story competitions?

After Googling around I found a few, but many were outdated.

I'll add what I find in the comments section, but I'm sure there are a lot of these types of competitions. 

Thanks again!

Re: Proposal Story competitions?

• edited March 2012
    Most knotties don't really care for competitions, many of us are paying for our own weddings and aren't trying to win a contest to get someone else to pay for it for us, so I doubt you will get positive suggestions from anyone around here.

And, as a kind warning, if you do enter a contest, I wouldn't post a "hey, vote for me" thread, unless you want your competition to win.  Some members will purposely vote for your competition if they see these threads.

ETA:  This is from the sticky at the top of the Chit-Chat board "New to the Knot?  Read this before posting"

"
    • Soliciting votes for a contest.  Every one of us is or has planned a wedding, and many knotties pay for it themselves.  Some even postpone their wedding for years in order to save money for the wedding and other long-term living expenses.  Therefore, sob stories and contests aren't generally well-received on this board You have been warned.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Got it. My apologies.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_proposal-story-competitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a8abc582-eb29-4bbb-8d77-5ea85f0c41f1Post:b17c6a4c-2440-420b-8ee4-bf5242c3b416">Re: Proposal Story competitions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ditto what PPs said. But Hoboken, if there were a contest for best wedding day story, you'd win for sure.
    Posted by LucyHC[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much.  I could have done without the drama and the fire LOL. Alfred Angelo heard about it and sent me a gift package. Wonder what it is.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No proposal stories competition here. All of us Knotties are to support each other and to give each other advice. We don't care for competition about proposal stories, considering everyone is different and we were all asked in a certain way that represents us.

He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_proposal-story-competitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:a8abc582-eb29-4bbb-8d77-5ea85f0c41f1Post:e5550218-b111-4e01-a126-84f171a34e44">Re: Proposal Story competitions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No proposal stories competition here. All of us Knotties are to support each other and to give each other advice. We don't care for competition about proposal stories, considering everyone is different and we were all asked in a certain way that represents us.
    Posted by Britt1893[/QUOTE]
    This. 100%!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 309 Invited so far!
    image 142 Are ready to party!
    image 125 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are driving me crazy!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_proposal-story-competitions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:a8abc582-eb29-4bbb-8d77-5ea85f0c41f1Post:7a204b83-6301-4514-9abd-b26b36072491">Re: Proposal Story competitions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Proposal Story competitions? : Thanks so much.  I could have done without the drama and the fire LOL. Alfred Angelo heard about it and sent me a gift package. Wonder what it is.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]

Tell us when you find out what they sent!  That is just the craziest thing to have happen.  You looked beautiful, BTW.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Here is a photo of my AA swag.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards