Just Engaged and Proposals

Moonlight Engagement

I'm engaged!

We were staying with my parents at a house on the beach in Topsail, NC, and last Wednesday night around 10pm, we went out for a walk. We set up some towels and huddled together, enjoying each other and the moonlight, and trying to keep each other warm. (The wind was awfully cold!)

He told me that he loved me, and that I made him feel strong, and right, and he wanted to spend years feeling right with me, and spending nights with me out under the moonlight. Then he sat up a little, and got on his knees, and held out the ring box, and asked "Will you marry me?"

I said yes immediately, and couldn't stop kissing him and beaming. Even as bright as the moon was, I couldn't see the ring at all! He took it out of the box and held it out to me, and I held out my hand for him to put the ring on my finger. We broke camp quickly after that to head back for the house, where it was warm, and when we got there I finally got to see my sparkly diamond ring.

I had thought it might be coming that week, but had changed my mind back and forth, and so it took me almost completely by surprise. It was perfect, and I'm going to marry my best friend in May of 2012. We're totally happy.

Visit Purple.weddings.com

Re: Moonlight Engagement

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards