Just Engaged and Proposals

to soon to plan?

My fiance just proposed to me only a week ago. My mother is a florist and i hav grown up around this all my life. I have seen every kind of bride there is the calm to the ones that are lossing hair they are so stressed. I dont want to be that bride that is lossing hair but when is to soon to start planning? Are wedding is in a little over 2 years. we have to wait because his sister will not be back in the country until 2014. but am i starting to soon?? help!!

Re: to soon to plan?

• thank you! im just so inside my own head its getting bad!
  • enjoy the engagement but I don't think it hurts to start getting ideas!
  • Congratulations on your engagement! I would wait to begin planning anything, just enjoy your engagement. You could start thinking about size, and location of your wedding if you want.

To PPs... I think she is waiting for her F's sister to come back to states because they don't want to get married without her being there...?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • my fiances sister is in the wedding and i dont want anyones feelings to be hurt because i didnt wait but since she is in the wedding i kind of have to. :)
  • First off, CONGRATULATIONS.  One of the biggest events in your life just occurred...and you are entitled to be as excited as ever about it.  Just a heads up, each of us Knotties are WAY different...and our backgrounds and experiences will cause us to give different advice.

That being said, I got engaged May 28, 2011.  I my fiance and I only really just started planning about 2 months ago.  Being together for 6.5 years, we wanted to truly enjoy our engagement, though it is tough with everyone asking "Have you set a date yet?!" (We set a date this week.  09/01/2012)

If you know what you want, it's never too early to start.  But you shouldn't be rushed into planning either.  Just do whatever feels right to you and your fiance. And follow that feeling during the entire process...not just the initial stages. 
  • I dont think its ever too soon to start planning. I didnt want to be those stressed out brides myself. Its only 9 months between getting engaged and our wedding date. I had everything done within 3 months. Now I can just relax. I do think its nice that your waiting for his sister. This is a once in a lifetime thing. She'd be sad if she missed it, especially if its out of her control.

And Congrats!
  • We had exactly two years between the proposal and wedding. We didn't start any planning/ making appointments until a couple of months after. I did start looking at mags and the web to get ideas. We also decided on a date before we went to vendors because the date was the most important thing to us. A year to plan is plenty of time if it is a local wedding for you. I planned a wedding that was not near us. Requiring many trips out of town over a long period of time. Between trips was a lot of down time. But this caused less stress for me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!!! I agree with PPs, take some time to enjoy your egagement. You have 2 more years to plan. That is plenty of time. Trust me, my wedding is in 2014 also, and I feel like I am going to burst because I want to start planning, but I know that if I start now, I'm going to change my mind later, and be stuck with something that I thought I wanted. I know how you feel. We just have to sit on our hands to keep us from doing things. :P
  • thank you everyone! i have decided not to do any planning until after this summer and he has agreed to that! we have however decided on a date! so one thing that everyone asks and i can answer that one thing!  @ sonya+adam the sitting on the hands part is going to be the most difficult thing about this whole wedding i think!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards