Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Fall Vs. Winter

I'm torn between a fall or winter wedding. I have so many great idea for both. I cant even do a mid combo idea wedding because where I live (Pennsylvania) its either fall or winter there is no in between. I was shooting for November or January. But I don't know. My fiance' just looks at me and smiles and says do what make you happy.... But they both would make me happy. Any suggestions on how to be able to pick? We arent getting married until 2015 due to money issues so I know I have time to figure it out but I would rather start planning ahead of time so I can have everything that I want at my wedding... any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Christina

Re: Fall Vs. Winter

• Options
    Congrats on your engagement! Since the wedding is still about 3 years away no matter which season you go with I would wait a year or so before really diving into planning. You will (probably) change your mind about decor ideas, colours, etc over the course of your engagement. Also, a lot of vendors will not quote or book this far out so as their prices will likely change between now and then so I'm not sure how much you'll be able to do at this point.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with the above. It's really too early to start planning and setting things in stone, but the great part about having a long engagement is that you have all that time to save up for the wedding. I think there's no problem with budgeting this early (in general terms) and deciding what you want to save so that when you do get to planning you can go right ahead.
  • Options
    I love the fall :) But that's just me. But it must snow in PA... Maybe consider the chance of being snowed in/out or undrivable roads due to snow storm... However the holiday's have their charm too. But I'd personally pick fall. 
    "Love is like a butterfly; It goes where it pleases and pleases where it goes" David & Roxy March 2, 2013 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would choose fall- whenever the weather will be warmer! That's just me and I hate being cold. I agree though that you have plenty of time to decide. We originally wanted fall but then decided to do June instead just because we did not want to wait an extra few months to be married. Does it matter with any of your jobs? For example, my job has a blackout period where we can't take off from mid Nov-beg of Jan. Also, keep in mind that some venues offer discounted rates for Dec-March weddings (I'm from NJ and every place I looked at had much cheaper prices per person during those months.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I myself was also torn between a fall or winter wedding. My FI is a Colorado native and even though we are currently living in Texas due to his job, we decided on a rocky mountain winter wedding. I was skeptical at first but something about the idea of a winter wedding seemed so romantic and more uncommon! But, fall is also a gorgeous time of year on the East coast, I'm a NY girl. However, November is late for fall foliage if you were hoping for leaves on trees and all the beauty of fall. Seeing that you have a few years before your actual "I dos"... why don't you take the time this season to kind of evaluate your wedding month choices. As you know, weather is completely unpredictable but maybe take the time to see what you love about each season.
  • Options
    I would say first make a list of pros and cons, number each pro and con 1-5 depending on how strongly you feel about it. Keep in mind pricing, if your'e on a budget going with a winter wedding could end up cheaper. Also keep in mind future anniverseries. Which season will be most pleasent when traveling as well as how convienent it'll be. Fall and Winter (if you're planning to have kids) will be hard either way as they'll be in school so you'll have to find someone willing the pick them up and take them. I know the tempeture and what not made me go for fall. Not to mention the gorgeous colors involved with the trees changing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards