Just Engaged and Proposals

Wedding Website?

I keep reading on these wedding websites that a) it is rude to include registry information with the wedding invitation and b) the best way to get around this is to post it on your wedding website.

In the past all the wedding invitations I have received included a small strip of paper separate from the invitation that read something like "Jane and John are registered at target and crate and barrel" but I don't want to offend anybody by following a possibly offensive trend...

I have not quite warmed up to the idea of a wedding website- I feel uncomfortable having a website devoted to my wedding and I'm unsure of what would go on it. 90% of our guests are close family and friends who have already heard our engagement story somewhere along the line, we are not getting engagement photos. Any tips on how to handle this?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~

Re: Wedding Website?

• I also had hotel info on mine along with the venue info (directions and letting my guests know that the ceremony was outdoors).

It is rude to put any type of registry info in the invitations.  If you don't want to do a wedding website then your only other way is word of mouth.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You don't have to have a wedding website if you don't want one.  You can just pass your registry info along by word of mouth.
    imageDaisypath Wedding tickers
  • There is no need for a wedding website, some people just like them.  While they can be informative, if you don't want one, don't make one.  I don't have one and I'm pretty sure people are still going to show up at my wedding.  Whoever hosts your shower can spread the word about your registry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  Thanks for the input- we are not having a huge wedding and its local so there really is nothing new or exciting to put on a website. I will just make sure to tell my MIL where I am registered- I'm sure everyone will be consulting her :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday."~The Notebook~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards