Just Engaged and Proposals

She Said Yes...Finally

Last Friday night, in front of about 1,500 people at an Atlanta Symphony Orchestra concert, I proposed on stage to my girlfriend. It was an unbelieveable evening of course and here is what happened.

I'm all about surprises, the setup and I "believe" that I'm a very romantic guy. I wrote the ASO staff last October asking if I could propose to my GF on stage during or after a concert.

Friday nights concert "Viva Italia" was perfect for the occasion. It was a Valentines Day feast of great romantic songs of Italy that also included the wonderful vocal trio "Poperazzi." This was an extremely romantic concert as I found out. I've been rehearsing my words to say to her, on my way to and from work recently and also while I was sitting in my seat last night.

After the intermission, the conductor Michael Krajewski, had someone bring out an old time type of spinning ticket drum. He had told the audience that there was a special prize being awarded to two lucky ticket holders. He had the first chair violinist select the "winning tickets" which "just so happened" to be the seats my GF & I were sitting in. So we were summoned on stage from our fifth row seats, to receive our prize.

When we got on stage Michael told us that he was not being completely honest with us (my GF looked confused) because there was a special reason why were brought on stage. Michael then told me "do, you want to say something?". Then, Michael held the microphone and the first chair violinist stood up to quietly serenade us as I professed my love for my GF.

I spoke for about a minute, got down on my knee (a huge crowd ovation helped me) and with the engagement ring displayed, asked her to marry me. The conductor, Michael was wiping his forehead just wondering if she would say yes and you could hear some of the audience members verbally wondering what her answer would be. She waited EIGHT SECONDS before saying YES. I immediately threw my arms in the air as a huge relief that she said yes. She later told me that she just couldn't get ANY words out.

I placed her ring on her trembling finger and then I gave her one red rose. We then hugged & kissed and Michael congratulated us. Michael asked her if I surprised her and she said "Oh Yeah". Michael then congratulated us and presented us with an engagement gift from the ASO, a toaster which I proudly showed to everyone.

Re: She Said Yes...Finally

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards