Just Engaged and Proposals

OMG FINALLY!!!!

I'M FINALLY ENGAGED!!!!!

I've known FI since I was 12 and he was 13, we were good friends until we were like 14 and 15 and then we started officially dating. He proposed last night on our 5 year anniversary, and it was EXACTLY how I had always told him I wanted it!

He brought me back to our apartment after taking me shopping, where he had candles and flower petals scattered everywhere surrounding the table he had set up all nicely and a PRIVATE CHEF!!!! It was SO GOOD! He told me how much he loved me and how he could never live without me and then he proposed! The ring is freaking GORGEOUS! It was the exact one I had picked! I am sooo excited to start planning!

I have to say I'm kindaa pissed that FMIL didn't sound more excited when we called her. FI told her and she was just like silent for a minute and then said congrats. FI said she sounded happy but I do NOT think so. She's a freaking cow. Ugh.

But YAY WEDDING!!!!

Re: OMG FINALLY!!!!

• Congrats and happy planning! P.S. don't feel bad about your FMIL, when I called mine she was excited because she thought I was calling to tell her I was pregnant. She was disappointed when I told her we were engaged...imagine that.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_omg-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:c7b5847a-a8e4-4579-9967-4c18c3aae16bPost:88178f0f-0689-48a5-8110-7450fe6b3034">OMG FINALLY!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI said she sounded happy but I do NOT think so. She's a freaking cow. Ugh. But YAY WEDDING!!!!
    Posted by Chillchill28[/QUOTE]
    Wow, you're really starting off on the right foot with your in-laws. You sound very mature about her.

• SlothGoalsSlothGoals member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_omg-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:c7b5847a-a8e4-4579-9967-4c18c3aae16bPost:88178f0f-0689-48a5-8110-7450fe6b3034">OMG FINALLY!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'M FINALLY ENGAGED!!!!! I've known FI since I was 12 and he was 13, we were good friends until we were like 14 and 15 and then we started officially dating. He proposed last night on our 5 year anniversary, and it was EXACTLY how I had always told him I wanted it! He brought me back to our apartment after taking me shopping, where he had candles and flower petals scattered everywhere surrounding the table he had set up all nicely and a PRIVATE CHEF!!!! It was SO GOOD! He told me how much he loved me and how he could never live without me and then he proposed! The ring is freaking GORGEOUS! It was the exact one I had picked! I am sooo excited to start planning! I have to say I'm kindaa pissed that FMIL didn't sound more excited when we called her. FI told her and she was just like silent for a minute and then said congrats. FI said she sounded happy but I do NOT think so. She's a freaking cow. Ugh. But YAY WEDDING!!!!
    Posted by Chillchill28[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I thought you were engaged way back in August? Remember when you tried to kick out a <strong>second</strong> best man? </div><div>
    </div><div><a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_issues-with-new-best-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d2eb72c0-5b66-4567-97e2-4b89376420b9Post:3a3db239-052a-4e81-b82a-e5ab304032e3" target="_blank">Remember</a>? <--click

</div>
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_omg-finally?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:c7b5847a-a8e4-4579-9967-4c18c3aae16bPost:547a2dfc-c0d2-4814-864b-2adf31d0df52">Re: OMG FINALLY!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to OMG FINALLY!!!! : I thought you were engaged way back in August? Remember when you tried to kick out a  second  best man?  Remember ? <--click
    Posted by kristbot[/QUOTE]

<div>You're right. Just a troll flaring up again.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards