Just Engaged and Proposals

Engagement Ring for Him?

Hi all!

So, my bf and I are getting engaged this month. He's already picked out a ring for me and everything. I'm so excited! (The reason I know all this is because he knows I hate surprises so he let me in on the planning a little bit).

Anyway, for awhile we've been discussing whether he should wear an engagement ring. We're going to be living apart for a few years (he'll be starting school in DC next year while I finish up school in NYC) and I wanted him to wear a ring to remind him of me even when we're far apart. Also, I like that it lets others know he's engaged (I know, totally possessive. I'm not usually like this but I figure that's the traditional reason why women wear one so why not men?).

After a lot of discussion (no fights!) he offered to wear a ring if I got him one. He didn't seem reluctant at all and he seems to understand the reasons why I want him to wear one.

Anyway, I wanted to know what all of you thought about men wearing engagement rings. I know it's not traditional, but this is the 21st century. Do you think people will think he's a weirdo or something?

Also if anyone has ideas on men's engagement rings, please let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards