Just Engaged and Proposals

Planning a wedding from Iraq

Im getting married in about 3 months in Maryland. But right now im deployed in Iraq! the wedding is three weeks after I get back. Anyone have advice on how to plan a wedding so far away?

Re: Planning a wedding from Iraq

• maybe try the military brides board? they'll probably be the most help.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I planned a wedding from only 1000 miles away, so it was a little different for me, but you can really do a lot by searching for venues on the internet and e-mail works great for talking with vendors.  If there is someone in Maryland than is willing to help you, once you've narrowed your choices down, you can ask them if they will go check out the place/meet with a couple vendors just to make sure there isn't anything fishy.

Good Luck!
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Your best bet would be to have a contact person in Maryland that can help you out, like checking out venues and that sort of thing. Your FI, your mom, a best friend maybe?

If you're getting married in three months though, you have a crapton that you need to get done in a couple weeks. I'm not sure where you are in the planning process though, so it might be more helpful if you could tell us where are you with that.

I'm curious though, you have some free time to use on the internet and you're posting on a wedding website? When my BIL was deployed, the short amount of time he was allowed internet use was spent on Skype with his wife.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I'd advice getting a wedding planner.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards