Ohio-Northeast
Options

Help with baker

I'm located in Akron and really have been searching for a baker to do my cake but i dont want to spend a fortune...can anyone recommend someone who is reasonably priced and good?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help with baker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My bakery, West Side Bakery, is in Akron and was decently priced (link in my bio) Also check out The Bake Shoppe in Ghent...their pricing may be a bit lower than West Side. But I know the cakes there are quite delicious! good luck! betty
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not booked my wedding cake bakery yet but I was going to check out All Occasions Bakery, & Eat it Too, and the Bake Shop on Ghent. They all seem very reasonable and their cake was very good. HTH 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got ours from Reeves Cake Shop (Cory Rd in Akron) and it was delicious. Their prices are very reasonable IMO and I thought they had a decent selection of flavors to choose from.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jstripejstripe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second (or third) the Bake Shop in Ghent.  They had the best prices in the area when I was pricing cakes last year. 
  • Options
    AshleeB85AshleeB85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should definitely check out A Bit of New York located in Hinckley.  They will deliver to akron.  They charge $2.25 per person. Not sure if that is in your range or not, but they have excellent bakery.  Their phone number is 330.225-2995.  I also may be a bit biased...because my FMIL owns this bakery, however, they honestly have phenomenal bakery!  If you have any questions let me know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it seems silly, but check out Acme (yes, the grocery store) on Manchester Rd. The cake is SO tasty, and a good price. It's not the prettiest ever, but I thought it tasted so much more moist and delicious than the places that tend to focus most on decor. We ordered it after attending a friend's wedding where they had 3 different flavors, and everyone went back for 2nds or 3rds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards