Ohio-Northeast

Band recommendations

I am looking for recommendations for bands. We are meeting with Jerrry Bruno productions but would like some intel before that meeting. There are so many bands under his company, it is a bit overhwelming. Has anyone had a positive or negative experience with his bands?

Re: Band recommendations

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with a DJ instead of a band, but I've heard only good things about Jerry Bruno's operations. He's a class act.Some band names (all of these do weddings) to check out include Pineapple Wine, Grand Avenue Band, Run Avril Run, Blue Lunch and Replay. FYI, if you go thru the band directly, it can be less expensive than booking thru an agency such as JB.Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Grand avenue and loved, LOVED them! Our guests STILL remember them. Whever we run into one  that's the 1st thing they say, how much fun the band was. 
  • mamboqueenmamboqueen member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I second Grand Avenue. They were AMAZING!!!!
  • lpalladlpallad member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FSIL used la flavour - very good! it was a great time!
  • KayH23KayH23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Radio Tokyo and Top Dog are great Cleveland-area bands!!! Not under Jerry Bruno, but may be more cost efficient :) HTH, good luck!
  • gavinma17gavinma17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using RunAvrilRun for our wedding on October 24!  They are high energy and willing to learn songs you like.   They play a wide range of music.  You can check them out at runavrilrun.com.  They have their schedule posted on their website. 
  • edited December 2011
    I used Rick and the Cutting Edge! AMAZING!  My cousin is one of the female leads.  They interact with the guests and make it really enjoyable for everyone, dancer or not!  If you need more info let me know!
  • crys0124crys0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Mark Guthrie as a DJ from Jerry Bruno and so far I love them! As far as bands go I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sumrada! They are playing at Cebars in Euclid this Saturday so check them out! If I could afford a band I would for sure use them.
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into Ovation and JB but we went with Pineapple Wine.  They were more bang for our buck.  We went to see them last summer at the bar and we're SO excited to have them be at our wedding. 
  • edited December 2011
    Another vote for Grand Avenue. They were fantastic!!!
  • missmis99missmis99 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going w/ JB as well. We got the Avenue. We wanted Redline, but they were booked. We know the piano player from the Avenue, so we thought it was a safe bet since we heard him play. I agree that it was overwhelming to go in there, but loved having so many choices. I can't wait to hear them play at our wedding.
    my read shelf:
    Robin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards