Just Engaged and Proposals

My Prince Charming pulled through! :)

Going on a yearly bout to Disneyland to visit my BFF from college, my boyfriend made plans to meet up with Jen and me, along with his sister, bro-in-law, niece, nephew, and some friends. Ron picked me up from the airport, and we traveled to his old stomping grounds in Corona del Mar and then off to his brother's house to have dinner (and wait for my friend, Jen, to drive down from Bakersfield). For the weekend, the plan remained that Jen, our friend, Lance, Ron, and I would go to California Adventure on Saturday and then Sunday would be filled with the same group of people, but at Disneyland and with extended friends of Ron's.

Saturday - a blast. Going through the park with our friend (and Disney cast member), we were able to go on rides without waiting in ANY line, so a dream come true for a birthday surprise. That night, they asked me what ride I HAD to go on on Sunday. I kiddingly said, "The Jungle Cruise" (but quite honestly, Space Mountain or Tower of Terror are my favorites at the theme parks!). 

The next day, Ron's sister woke me up with a surprise in the kitchen: a Hello Kitty themed morning party! We had cake and Ron presented me with brand-name sunglasses - awesome! :) Then off we traversed to the Happiest Place on Earth - Disneyland. Ron said we had to go to Jungle Cruise, b/c I had insisted the night before. I protested and said it wasn't somewhere I HAD to go first thing in the morning. Everyone insisted, so we went to the Jungle Cruise where our "party" was waiting; Ron said they had a special birthday cruise boat for us, so no strangers would be on it with us. I thought that was the cutest thing! 

The ride was enjoyable (as always - nothing at Disneyland fails to happify your life :)), and toward the end of the cruise, the cast member gave the microphone to Ron. I thought, "Oh, how sweet! Ron's going to say happy birthday!" At that point, he started talking about how 2 heads are better than one (we just passed the headhunters portion of the ride) , and before I knew it, he asked me to marry him (it's all on YouTube :)). He says I didn't say yes, until I saw the ring (which was perched pretty-ly on a homemade pink & purple princess pillow his neice made, and after he put the tiara on my head). As we rounded the corner, to the end of the ride, I noticed two Disney cast members holding a HUGE pink banner with purple words reading, "Carone, will you marry me?" His sister and niece crafted it and had this plan entirely figured out way before I even flew down there.

Apparently, the night before, my friends all looked at each other and wondered, "Does she KNOW?" b/c I had mentioned the Jungle Cruise. In fact, I had NO idea - so clueless was I, that it made the surprise even THAT much surprise-ier! :) I was on cloud 9 the rest of the day - and we went to the amazing all-you-can-eat BBQ place within the theme park and then to the Blue Bayou for dinner (just the two of us, as Lance and Jen went off and hung out). The Fantasmic show at the end of the night was perfect. March 4, 2012 literally was the happiest day of my life (so far) at the happiest place on Earth.

Re: My Prince Charming pulled through! :)

• AWwww that is so uber romantic!!! Congratulations! I haven't been to Disney in over 15yrs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh, thank you! It totally WAS! I totally love Disneyland as it is, so it was so special to me! We plan on going every first weekend in March for tradition's sake. How were YOU proposed to?? :)
  • I wasn't, LoL!... I did post mine somehwere on this board, but basically I picked out my own ring, and he handed it to me, haha... we already knew we were going to be engaged, planned on it, and he wanted me to pick the ring so he wouldn't mess up ;) And the zinger is that we traded in my old e-ring and wedding bands (from when I was with my daughter's father, never married thank goodness!) for it, twice as much diamond (.51 carats to 1 carat), and got an extra $200 to boot!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_my-prince-charming-pulled-through?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:e9d38fce-6743-4c69-a6f3-d99b84abaa3cPost:7cb80964-4929-49f4-afb3-1565fece9e02">Re: My Prince Charming pulled through! :)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wasn't, LoL!... I did post mine somehwere on this board, but basically I picked out my own ring, and he handed it to me, haha... we already knew we were going to be engaged, planned on it, and he wanted me to pick the ring so he wouldn't mess up ;) And the zinger is that we traded in my old e-ring and wedding bands (from when I was with my daughter's father, never married thank goodness!) for it, twice as much diamond (.51 carats to 1 carat), and got an extra $200 to boot!
    Posted by UberBiz[/QUOTE]

No, I totally "get" that - my fiance wanted me to pick out the ring too, but in the end, he did it! :) AWESOME deal you got out of it too! The man AND some extra money! :) Woohoo!!
  • your proposal sounds amazing and anything disney related is always magical so congrats! i got engaged in walt disney world epcot :)
  • Walt Disney WORLD?! YAY!! That's AWESOME!! You'll have to post your story!! The cool thing also is, that my fiance's sister used to work at Disneyland as a character/cast member, so they went to talk to the "main" people to finalize the plan perfectly! :) Congrats to you!!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards