Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Wedding Planner Book

I am looking to purchase a Wedding Planning Book (the type you find at Borders, etc), but was entirely overwhelmed when I saw the vast selection of options.

So, which one(s) would you recommend.  I am looking for one to keep vendor information and options mostly.

Thanks!

Re: Wedding Planner Book

• Options
    My Aunt and I went shopping for one, and got "The Complete Wedding" Planner and Organizer, it is mostly purple on the outside, with a place setting on the front. It has TONS of information, and room to have everything that you need/want!!

GL!
    imageimageAnniversary
  • Options
    Mine is called The Ultimate Wedding Planner and Organizer. It is big and pink and has a picture slot in the front. Comes with a carrying bag, hole punch, business card slots, pockets, tabs, and looots of charts and information on everything. It's awesome.
    Here's the link for Barnes and Noble, where I got mine:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Ultimate-Wedding-Planner-Organizer/Elizabeth-Lluch/e/9781934386408/?itm=1&USRI=the+ultimate+wedding+planner+and+organizer
  • Options
    I have a huge mint green one I got from Barnes & Noble...and I never use it. It doesn't have big enough pockets to hold all the pieces of paper I've picked up from vendors, venues, wedding shows, etc. It may come in handy later for a few things, but I haven't even read through any of it yet. In fact, I just took out all of the pieces of paper I had crammed in that book and put them in an expanding file I bought. The file folder has way more room and it isn't nearly as bulky.
  • Options
    I bought the Knot's Ultimate Wedding Planner and it was a great starting point.  I read through the entire thing in just a couple of weeks.  It has worksheets to help you sort our priorities and budgets and checklists.  I think the best part was that each chapter features a "questions to ask" page and the lists had several things I never would have thought to ask a florist or DJ or even my parents!  And now that I'm actually INTO the planning I've found I don't need it as much so I don't have to carry it around because it's more of a guide. Hope it helps, GL.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There are so many free resources online these days. You might be better off buying a 3 ring binder and some folder and creating you're own planner based on the worksheets and articles you find online.
  • Options
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Ultimate-Wedding-Workbook-Organizer-2nd-Edition/Elizabeth-Lluch/e/9781887169691/

I used this one. After reading reviews for hours I decided on this one. For me it was what I was looking for.. a place to store everythng and had a ton of checklist in it with some helpful information. Just really wanted something to keep me organized.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Options
    I had the same one karann used, but ultimately didn't use it after I flipped through it once.  I kind of think these books are a waste of money.  Everything you need to know you can find on TK.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I got this one:
    http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Ultimate-Wedding-Planning-Kit/Elizabeth-Lluch/e/9781887169738/?itm=1&usri=the+ultimate+wedding+planning+kit

I have a bunch of brochures already and whatnot and this has the book/workbook inside of it plus little tabbed files to organize the gazillion brochures/pictures/etc that you get.  A book was gonna be too messy for me, I'm a planning freak!
  • Options
    I've been looking for a wedding planning book since I got engaged, but I can't find just the right one so in the meantime I've been writing millions of little notes in a notebook... now that I'm a month into planning, I'm really questioning whether I need a big planning book - I think I'm just going to go the route of some of the other posters above and put everything in a 3-ring binder. Like they said, with all the resources available in TK and other online sites, I really only need a place to keep everything organized. I might also purchase an expanding file folder to put bulky things in, like fabric samples & whatnot.

• Options
    I got both the Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer and the Knot Wedding Planner from Barnes & Noble. I've been using them both in conjunction with eachother. I've found that the UWP&O is great for keeping things together and in order and TK planner is easy to bring with me to work, I usually jot things down in it then I can copy things into the bigger binder. They have similar layouts and work well together!
  • Options
    I bought the Wedding Guide by Lifetime. I really wanted on that had journaling pages. My mom had on and I remember looking through hers and reading about concerns and showers and other wedding related stuff. I wanted a place to do this so one day my daughter can look at mine.
    But I don't really use my planner for planning things. I use my online web page and a 3 ring note book with dividers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For now I just use a Moleskine notebook.  I will buy a folder though soon. I don't find the popular planners apealing, but that's just me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards