Just Engaged and Proposals

Not official

Hi there people! :)

I am not officially engadged yet. My boyfriend is still choosing a ring and the right timing to propose. He wants it to be as romantic as possible. :) Therefore we don't have a "date" yet, but I do have a limit. I'll explain a little bit of our story:
I met my boyfriend last year in Colorado. We started dating oficially on July 4th. I am from Brazil originally, and came to the US to be an AuPair (live-in-nanny). My contract was valid for a year, which I have extended for one more. My visa expires on June 24th, so I'd have to leave the country. I was still going to try for a student visa, but we're talked and decided we want to get married. It's not the most romantic situation, that's probably why my boyfriend wants the proposal and everything else to be as romantic as possible. But the thing is that I'm so excited I want to tell the world, and start planning (since time is going by and I might not be able to plan the budget wedding that we need), and he says he still needs his time to get prepaired for it, choose the ring and the perfect proposal. We talk about the wedding to each other: I've chosen my wedding dress, we've chosen some songs for the wedding, but I can't talk to anyboydy else yet since it's not official... Do you think I'm crazy for trying to choose things without having a date? I'm so excited I can hardly hold it to myself, and besides, I need the time to choose the budget wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards