Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Napa / Sonoma Proposal Venue Suggestions

Hello,

I am trying to plan a proposal for when my girlfriend and I visit the Napa wine area this early fall. We are going to be staying at a nice bed and breakfast tbd in the Napa area. As for proposal, what I plan to do/or ideally would love to do is this:

• Wake up Sat and do breakfast then get ready and head to a few wineries early in the day and have a nice lunch to split them up. 
  • Then head to a specific, very scenic winery where I will have prearranged a private tour / tasting / fruit and cheese pairing. I would love for this tasting to be in a private area amongst some of the vineyards. (Note: the entire time at this winery, my best friend who is a professional photographer will be snapping away from distance)
  • I would then hope that the pourer could depart for some alone time while we enjoy a glass of wine, but not before leaving a little wrapped box (not ring box).. This would contain a hardbound photo book with images of my girlfriend and I throughout out 5.5 years together along with sappy descriptions. 
  •  When she gets near the end of the book, I will pause her and tell her how much she means to be and how I will always love her; she will prolly know what is going to happen at that point. 
  • Then I will let her finish the last few pages of the book . The last picture is her favorite of us. As she turns to this picture, I will get on one knee and ask. The caption will be “Will you marry me?”

(The the last page, the last page will have “…And they lived happily ever after.” As the caption and a there will be a place for the picture of the proposal. ) 

She loves wine, cheese, fruit, Disney and sapping things – so I feel like I touched all bases on it and she will love it… 

BUT

I need helping finding a perfect and accommodating winery in Napa, Sonoma area. Please give any suggestions for places that you have had experience with

Re: Napa / Sonoma Proposal Venue Suggestions

• Options
    Definitely investigate Domain Chandon. They have private tours/tastings just like you mentioned... and from what I recall from when I went there a few years ago, the setting was nice and private, too. That's right in the path of a bunch of great wineries and hotels too (investigate yountville for food and lodging... but be warned that it won't be cheap!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards