Just Engaged and Proposals

What do you get for a guy who says he has it all?

I want to get my soon to be fiance something nce for our engagement. He can't keep a secret and says that he will probably propose this Friday (our two year anniversary). I've been trying to think of something that he could take with him, everywhere, but I don't know what. He has three watches, I got him a promise ring for Christmas, he doesn't really wear any other jewelry. He's not a suit and tie kind of person so cuff links and a tie holder isn't right.

I write letters to him all the time, I've drawn pictures for him but I want to do something better this time. I'm on a budget (college kid living on her own), so it can't be SUPER expensive. He's worth it but if I want to get it to him on Friday, that's impossible!

I asked him if he has been wanting anything for a while and he says things like "a car"....I can't do that! I'm nervous about him asking. I want to be with him for the rest of my life and when he asks I will say yes. But after engagement comes the "When's the wedding", and all those other questions that we will be asked.

It's only a few days away and I have no idea what to get him. What do you get when the only thing your best friend wants is to spend the rest of his life with you?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What do you get for a guy who says he has it all?

• erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    It sounds like you give him a lot already. If he is anything like my guy you saying yes would be the best gift (when he pops the question). 

If all he says is a car you could get him started on a car fund. Buy a car bank and put a few bucks in it? I have no good gift ideas as my H can be very hard to shop for. Just give a gift because it's your anniversary on Friday not because he is proposing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_what-do-you-get-for-a-guy-who-says-he-has-it-all?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:f4493bd7-785c-43f1-b522-3c27208fe512Post:7b91f8cc-3eb5-4960-a5e5-5b2ad996fbd4">Re: What do you get for a guy who says he has it all?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like you give him a lot already. If he is anything like my guy you saying yes would be the best gift (when he pops the question).  If all he says is a car you could get him started on a car fund. Buy a car bank and put a few bucks in it? I have no good gift ideas as my H can be very hard to shop for. Just give a gift because it's your anniversary on Friday not because he is proposing. 
    Posted by erollis[/QUOTE]

That is a good idea, the car bank. I was just going to get him a matchbox car as a joke, but I think I might do both, maybe. I was originally planning on a nice gift (that he could still take everywhere) for our anniversary. I just found out, today, that he plans to propose on Friday.

I wonder why I get so nervous about the question when I know I'm going to say 'Yes'.

Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Upgrade the promise ring. I bought my fiance' a titanium band, then he lost it, so I bought him another one, and he lost it. lol So I bought him an engagement ring after we got engaged, (Tungsten Bicarbide) and he loves it.
    He stole my heart, so I'm stealing his last name.
  • We have tungsten promise rings. I think I might try and make him something. It will probably be a little late but it will be from the heart, and he probably won't have something exactly like it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards