Just Engaged and Proposals

It's about time!

Any time I tell someone that my boyfriend proposed to me, the response is always "it's about time!" or "finally!"  We have only been dating just over a year but have been friends for over 10 years so it feels like an eternity to anyone who knows us.

Anyway, here's our story copied from my The Knot website :)

We went on a Disney cruise with some friends for a long weekend getaway.  On the last night of the cruise, we all got dressed up fancy for the pre-dinner show and dinner.  In between the show and dinner, we had about an hour to kill, so Anton suggested we head outside because the weather seemed nice.  After going outside on Deck 9, Anton grabbed my hand and took me up to a near-secluded Deck 10, the top deck of the ship.  There was a full moon in the sky and the stars were shining bright.  We stood up there for a few minutes chatting, feeling the ocean breeze and looking at the waves.  I had commented on how perfect the night was, and he said "Do you know what would make it even better?"  and I said "What?"  He said "If you would marry me."  then he kissed me, got down on one knee, pulled out the ring and asked me if I would marry him.  I, of course, said yes and started crying.  It was absolutely perfect. 
And here's my ring ... not the best pic, I took it quickly on the way home from the cruise so I could show everyone. :)I can't wait to get started on the planning!

Re: It's about time!

• How romantic!

Congrats on your engagement! Happy wedding planning.
  • What a romantic proposal, congrats! FI and I got/get that same reaction from lots of people. We've been dating for 5 1/2 years, living together for 3, and just got engaged. When people make comments like that I just turn it into a joke, because it's not usually meant maliciously, it's usually coming from friends and family who love us and mean well, and have just been waiting for this to happen :)
  • That awesome! Congrats... my fiance propsed to me on the top deck of a cruise shop also! its beautiful isnt it! good luck with everything, and I understand the "about time" :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • What an awesome story!  Congrats :)
  • That is adorable! Your ring is beatuiful too!! :)
    I got engaged after 3.5 years and people were telling ME "it's about time" haha.. :)
    Happy planning! It's SO fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

• That's so romatic. Brought tears to my eyes when I was reading it.  Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding.  Happy wedding planning!!!  It's soooo much fun, but be prepared because it could get overwhelming at times.
    Goodluck to you and your FI and God Bless!!!!
    Denise
  • Congrats!
    After 7 years together we also got the "about time" deal from our families, however our friends were a little surprised because none of them are in this stage of their lives/nor dating anyone so they didnt see why we would want to get married.
    Good luck planning : ) 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards