Just Engaged and Proposals

This future groom needs help!

Hello Knotties,

Just like the title says. I am trying to plan out the proposal to my soon to be fiance, but I am terrible at keeping secrets from her (great for the future, bad for now). The hangup I am having is coming up with something to do that she wont be expecting.

Here's what I have planned thus far. We will be taking a horse drawn carriage ride on a christmas light tour. Tons of blankets to keep us warm, hot chocolate to drink, and I have a friend that is a photographer who will be documenting the momentous occasion.

What I need is a good way to pull out the ring that will surprise her at least a little bit since she knows about the ring and the carriage ride already.  Please help me with some ideas!!

Re: This future groom needs help!

• Are you proposing ON the carriage?  With the blankets and such, it'll be easy to hide and pull it out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I'd say keep in in your pocket that is furthest from your fiancée.  Heavy blankets will mask you pulling a little box out of it.  Don't overthink this.  I should have seen my proposal coming from a mile away and didn't know it was happening until he pulled the ring out of his coat pocket.  I don't think it's worth the bother to climb out of the blankets and get down on one knee in a carriage though.  I think your arm around her when you put the ring infront of her is more romantic anyway.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • this is exactly what my best friend's proposal was like and she was over the moon about it. he had the carriage stop at a beautiful spot in the park they were circling and started telling her wonderful things about how much he loved her, etc. as he was talking he maneuvered onto one knee and pulled the ring outside of his jacket's inner pocket. even if you fumble big time, this is an amazingly romantic proposal idea. good luck!
  • What about doing it as you are either helping her in or out of the carriage?  I think it would be neat it you help her get on (ours have a step or two ) you could hold her hand as she balances herself to get on and don't let go of her hand and when she turns around you can either give a little speech about never letting her go and have the ring ready.  Just a thought..

• Great ideas.  I like the idea of doing it right when you help her in.  You get a lot of points for thinking this out, and in my opinion for doing it with a ring.  My husband did neither, but I still love him.  Most women crave something romantic like you're planning. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards