Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• Proposed on June 20th 2012. The picture with my ring on my hand is the day I got engaged.  I was finishing up writing my thesis for my Masters program.  It was due the next day.  It was a great day. It happened to be my Birthday as well. <3

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How do you post a pic?  I have tried with the little "insert picture" icon at the bottom of the message field, but when I choose the file and then click save nothing happens.
  • AmandaJoy7686AmandaJoy7686 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    The FI proposed on 12/25/11 with this ring tied around our puppy's collar (he was a few months old at the time). This is a new spin on the halo setting and I've never really seen anyone else with this style so it's unique! So excited to finally be saying 'I Do' this year! Time has flown by!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SBminiSBmini member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited April 2013

The center diamond is my great-grandmother's. My grandmother is the youngest of four and was born in 1923, so I think my great-grandmother was married about 100 years before I will be.

My great-grandmother came from a well to-do family from South Bend Indiana. One day, my grand-grandfather saw her and knew that he wanted to marry her. However, he was not from a wealthy family and knew that he could not offer what she would desire in a husband (or what my great-great grandfather would approve of.) So, he got a job at my great-great grandfather's business and worked his way up through the ranks until he felt he could ask for her hand. He got her the best ring he could afford-- a .76k high quality diamond in a gold Tiffany's setting. 

My grandmother had offered my sister and myself two heirloom rings, this and her great-grandmother's ring. I thought the story was so touching that I chose my great-grandmother's ring. My fiancé asked my grandmother for the ring a while ago, she was so excited that she wanted him to prose on the spot! But he had bigger plans.

When we took the diamond out of the original setting we discovered it is a mine cut diamond, a cutting style that was phased out in the 1870s, but my grandmother doesn't know the story of the diamond from before her mom got it. My fiancé had it reset by a local jeweler, the setting is custom made with seven pave diamonds on either side in 18k white gold. I think total weight is 1.25k. Just perfect for my tiny hands!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:0316dc1b-e8b2-499b-ba60-c1557e752e13">Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The other thread got deleted and I know you guys really liked it so here is a new one! ETA: Since I started the thread, I should probably post mine too, lol.    
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]
  • Engaged 03/30/2013, total and complete surprise.  He told me he bought the ring on Friday but it would take two weeks to come in, little did I know he had it the whole time and had me believing we were going to look at fishing holes for the first day of trout in 2 weeks.  Half carat, with 12 princess cut diamonds (4 in the center and 4 on each side).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  Just engaged this weekend 4-5-13! It was a total surpirse and I couldn't be more excited. He has been my best friend for 3 years and my boyfriend for over 8 months. My ring is gorgeous and beyond my wildest dreams :) The center stone is a Rose cut (not sure of the size) that was bought in Belgium in 1945 by my FI Great-Grandfather. He picked out this seeting for it and its perfect! Love :D

Visit The Knot!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• cjeanmaqcjeanmaq member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I was soooo happily impressed by this 1.25 center stone, 18 baguettes, 32 rounds, 3.25 total stunner!!!! But, the architecture is what I love the most. He completely listened when I told him the type of setting I wanted. When it was presented to me I was immediately WOWed... and it fit, no sizing required! It's the best of both our styles I love antique and vintage; he loves modern and contemporary, so I dubbed my ring vintage with a modern twist

• When Paul and I talked about rings (in what I thought was a hypothetical conversation), I made it clear that diamonds weren't my thing, and that I loved sapphires.  He really paid attention and found the perfect ring for me.  It's simple and gorgeous and ever since he put it on my finger, I haven't wanted to take it off. 

The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along. -The Essential Rumi
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited April 2013
    I love my ring he proposed March 10th 2013 big suprise thought it would never happen..He tired to put it on when I was sleeping didnt work got it half way on and I woke up...lol. Love it tho and cant wait to get married to my best friend!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:a6bb3bf8-29c8-4302-8d3c-a1bc558b3eae">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]When Paul and I talked about rings (in what I thought was a hypothetical conversation), I made it clear that diamonds weren't my thing, and that I loved sapphires.  He really paid attention and found the perfect ring for me.  It's simple and gorgeous and ever since he put it on my finger, I haven't wanted to take it off. 
    Posted by krieli1[/QUOTE]

Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!  I also love sapphires. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:59724bd8-1093-4c11-8728-244dd137854d">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was soooo happily impressed by this 1.25 center stone, 22 baguettes, 32 rounds, 3.25 total stunner!!!! But, the architecture is what I love the most. He completely listened when I told him the type of setting I wanted. When it was presented to me I was immediately WOWed... and it fit, no sizing required! It's the best of both our styles I love antique and vintage; he loves modern and contemporary, so I dubbed my ring vintage with a modern twist .   as you can tell this picture was taken prior to the ring... 
    Posted by cjeanmaq[/QUOTE]

Such a pretty ring...congrats!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He proposed Sat. 4/13/13 it was perfect!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:ef810fd5-05a2-4b8d-931e-1851c26c10db">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Show off your ring! :
    Such a pretty ring...congrats!
    Posted by kevcan2013[/QUOTE]

Tyvm... and CONGRATS to you! With only three months left you must be so excited. All the best to the both of you on your marriage :)

•   got engaged on 4/17 :) my ring is a blue sapphire with two princess cut diamonds on either side with 4 small round cut diamonds cascading down the side of the ring. designed this for myself over a year ago and could never find anything that came close to it, it's perfect for me! I have such tiny fingers that any large setting would just be overwhelming.
  • that is beautiful!!!! so unique!

• My beautiful sapphire ring! Unfortunately, my fiance sized it down to a 5 1/2, but it's still a bit too big. I'd get it resized again, but a 5 is too small and when I get hot my fingers swell. Now I'm just dealing with uncomfortable ring adjusters. :( Over the moon, though!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Here's my ring! I love it soo much! He did a great job!
  •  I just got engaged on 4/21/13! 
  • So many lovely rings!!!! I was curious if anyone else has insured their ring with Jewler's Mutual, and if not what company did they use...
  • carlynovoacarlynovoa member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    My fiance proposed at Disneyland with this ring he designed himself! 
    2.14  Carat Emerald Cut Center stone with side sapphires (his birthstone) and a rose gold band. I love it!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:87be607a-746b-4a7d-9152-b3cdc2787b7e">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So many lovely rings!!!! I was curious if anyone else has insured their ring with Jewler's Mutual, and if not what company did they use...
    Posted by cjeanmaq[/QUOTE]

<div>We added my rings to our homeowners policy. </div>
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
  • I posted this a few weeks ago but got no responses.  Could someone please tell me how to post a picture of my ring?  I tried the button at the bottom of the post box with the tree that says "insert picture" and brings up another box to choose a file from your computer.  I select the file, but when I hit "save" nothing happens.  Am I doing something wrong?
  • Here is my dream engagement ring! Love the simplicity of the solitaire yet the intricacy of the .12 points around the prongs! I picked the setting, he picked the stone! 

• After browsing TK for awhile with/for friends who were getting married, it's finally my turn and I'm so excited!
    The proposal was a complete surprise, although I knew it was coming at some point since we had been ring shopping a couple of times.  On 3/28/2013 he asked me over dinner at our favorite restaurant; it was simple and perfect! Our server was really sweet too, insisting that we let the waitstaff buy us dessert and bringing over a mini bottle of champagne from the manager.
    My ring is a 1.5 center stone with a 20-stone halo on a plain band by Martin Flyer. We had picked out several settings and I wanted him to make the final decision as I Iiked them all. The center stone was all him though. It's so beautiful and I can't believe how lucky I am to spend the rest of my life with a man I love so much!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_show-off-your-ring?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa90629a-6bd8-4382-b7dc-5277ed2f6aa0Post:cc645d00-3aa0-4d1c-ac42-96cf1debce25">Re: Show off your ring!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted this a few weeks ago but got no responses.  Could someone please tell me how to post a picture of my ring?  I tried the button at the bottom of the post box with the tree that says "insert picture" and brings up another box to choose a file from your computer.  I select the file, but when I hit "save" nothing happens.  Am I doing something wrong?
    Posted by Yellobat[/QUOTE]

You did everything right - it sounds like a computer issue!  I just did it and it worked. 

• Just got engaged March 16th 2013! It's his great grandmother's diamond, 1/2 carrot, white gold band. It's the perfect ring, but ring or no ring, I got the PERFECT man for me :)

• sadly its a size 7 and im a size 4.25 and it cant be resized without breaking. but this is what he got down on one knee with.

• He proposed yesterday, 5/2/13, after almost six years (in June) of dating! We've been talking about getting married for some time now and had actually found a completely different ring that I fell in love with back in November 2012; this isn't the ring we orginally found but I absolutely LOVE the one he got. The purple stones are Amethyst, my birth stone.