Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings Here!

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• I got engaged on 11-18-12 but I absolutely lovee my ring. He picked it out all by himself at Jared's!Cool 
  • It's exactly what I described when we first started dating. A brilliant-cut, six-prong solitaire. Its being colorless was just a bonus! I have no clue how big it is, I just love it!

• Engaged on April 14, 2013! I could not be happier to be marrying my best friend!
  • allymddallymdd member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Lurker turned newbie! Round solitaire. EXACTLY what I said I didn't want...but its his moms. Reset after a failed marriage. Because his meth addict sister stole his granma's ring that was left to him and sold it for rock. Ugh. I can't even talk about it without sucking the joy out of this thread!

But the cat is cute!

• I'm so excited to be able to finally post here! I just got it about 25 hours ago! :-D I'm a dancer, and he actually came up ONSTAGE at the end of last night's show, singing our song, and proposed ON STAGE in front of a sold-out audience! Ahh! 

The center stone is a 1.75 kt. emerald from Zambia--he even made sure that it's not a blood stone--with a halo of diamonds, set in white gold. All I said was that I wanted an emerald-cut emerald on white gold, without stones on the band, and it's perfect--the diamonds are just a bonus!!! Laughing

• Mine are currently being sized and I have no real-life pictures on this computer YET, so the site-photos will do for now.

Also, if these are warped, I apolgize. I tried to size them down for this thread.

Sapphire engagement ring

wedding band

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm so excited to be able to finally post here! I just got it about 25 hours ago! :-D I'm a dancer, and he actually came up ONSTAGE at the end of last night's show, singing our song, and proposed ON STAGE in front of a sold-out audience! Ahh! 

The center stone is a 1.75 kt. emerald from Zambia--he even made sure that it's not a blood stone--with a halo of diamonds, set in white gold. All I said was that I wanted an emerald-cut emerald on white gold, without stones on the band, and it's perfect--the diamonds are just a bonus!!! Laughing

GORGEOUS emerald

Officially hitched as of 10/25/13

• Here is mine! I love it! My FI did a great job! We just got engaged April 13, 2013.
  • metalmolivermetalmoliver member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2013
    imageimage
    Engaged April 6th, 2013. Love the ring oh so much!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• FINALLY I'm able to upload a pic.  I love this unique botanical setting, and the stone he picked out is blindingly brilliant.  It's colorless and I never knew what a difference that makes!  I stare at it all the time, and it's been on my finger since 3/2/13!
  • YellobatYellobat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013

Engaged 5/18/13 at Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park. 
  • edited May 2013
    First post here! We just got engaged last weekend. Two carat center diamond, conflict free, not sure about the weight on the diamonds on the band. He chose it himself except he knew I really wanted it to be conflict free when the time came. I love it so so much.
    Engagement story - I thought that we were going to an early mother's day brunch for his mom at a restaurant overlooking a pretty river. He suggested we take a walk by the water since we had arrived to the restaurant early. After walking for a bit he pulled keys to the love lock we had placed in South Korea last fall out of his pocket. In accordance with tradition, you place a padlock at Seoul Tower and throw the keys into a body of water to seal your love for eternity. We had planned on tossing them somewhere in the US so the two would be on separate continents. BUT there weren't just keys in his hand...a ring was attached to them. After he got down on one knee and proposed, he placed the ring on my finger and I threw the keys into the water. Then I turned around and realized our friend was in (a hilarious) disguise photographing us, and looked up to see a ton of our family & friends - who he had arranged to have come from all over to share the special day - waving down from the restaurant where an engagement luncheon was prepared. It was probably the best day of my life :)
  • edited May 2013
    Engaged July 4, 2010.  Married May 15, 2011.  

H was waiting tables at the time we got engaged. He had worked double and triple shifts almost every day for 6 months to save up for a ring he hoped I'd be proud to wear (his words).  He picked it out all by himself.... I couldn't be more proud of him. 
  • That is an incredible idea to put the birthstone subtly in the ring.  I prefer all-white stone rings, but this was awesome.
  • Thank you so much! I was just about to say the same to you--I love the double-halo, with the sapphires around the edge! :)
  • Stunning engagement rings!!
  • Just got engaged 13 days ago. Been dating over 2 years and knew it was coming but he was still able to surprise me. He hid the ring inside a heart shaped cribbage board with the pegs. My ring could not be more perfect. The day we started dating I told him I wanted a Mystic Fire Topaz and white gold. My birthstone is Topaz but I do not like orange so years ago I adopted Mystic Fire as mine. The 62 tiny diamonds are a bonus. I usually favor small jewelry but I love my ring. He told me it was big "because I love you so much."

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Size 6.5 brilliant oval cut 1.1 with 3/4 band. My dream ring.
  • edited July 2013
    Oh, wait...the picture didn't load. I guess it's attached to the post below this one.
  • edited July 2013
    I've actually been married for 3 years and with my husband for 7. When we originally got engaged back in 2009, I had posted a picture of the ring he gave me, but it got deleted from a previous thread.

I still love looking at all the pictures of rings on this page, so I thought I'd re-post mine, just for fun!
  • My fiance and I just got engaged last Saturday. It's been 8 days, and I'm still floating! I couldn't be happier! He proposed at 7:40am right before we got on a hot air balloon in Lake Tahoe. The next morning while we were sitting at breakfast, a ladybug landed on my left hand...we loved this little sign of good luck. The weekend was more than I ever expected or hoped from an engagement weekend! It ended with a surprise engagement party at my sister's house...my fiance had been planning it for months! I can't wait to spend the reat of my life with my best friend!
  • WOW!! Stunning!!
  • GB520GB520 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Ally1120 said:
    My fiance and I just got engaged last Saturday. It's been 8 days, and I'm still floating! I couldn't be happier! He proposed at 7:40am right before we got on a hot air balloon in Lake Tahoe. The next morning while we were sitting at breakfast, a ladybug landed on my left hand...we loved this little sign of good luck. The weekend was more than I ever expected or hoped from an engagement weekend! It ended with a surprise engagement party at my sister's house...my fiance had been planning it for months! I can't wait to spend the reat of my life with my best friend!

ThAt is a fantastic proposal!!! =) your ring is beautiful too.
  • Engaged June 18, 2012. Married May 18, 2013.
  • He did so well! The first picture is right after he proposed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker