Just Engaged and Proposals

Show Off Your Rings Here!

1293031323335»

Re: Show Off Your Rings Here!

• edited May 2016
  • TyvmTyvm member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2016
    We've been engaged for nearly a year (in ~5 days!), but received the practice photos from the photographer last week. Here's a pretty silly shot of our engagement rings with an ant, lol.

k thnx bye

• After what feels like months of planning the ring has finally arrived! 
  • OCAlana985OCAlana985 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2016
    We got engaged yesterday! He popped the question on the dock at my dads beach house with my parents and little sister hiding and watching! 

And the ring of course! He designed it with a family stone my dad originally purchased for my mom when they were married...my dad is now remarried as is my mom but i love that my daddy picked it because I'm a daddy's girl and since my fiancé redid the ring his own way its beautiful!

I will post the whole store in its own post. 

• My simple little flower!

About two months ago while we were having Important Future Life Discussions, he was looking up hotels in New Zealand for the honeymoon and I was browsing through rings. I looked over at him and went, "You know, these are really expensive. Can you get me something not expensive that is also pretty so we can be engaged sooner?" And that was that!

We picked this one out together and it's perfect. He proposed to me at a costume ball in front of the building where we met for our first date. And he did it in Elvish, no less! (For we are massive nerds, and I'm a Lord of the Rings fanatic of the highest order).
  • I'm completely in love with my ring! I found it in a bridal magazine 5 or so years ago and have kept an eye on it ever since. I still can't believe it's mine. I definitely feel like the luckiest girl. :blush:

• Got engaged this weekend (9/4/16). We are Game of Thrones geeks and he calls our cats Dragons...so this ring is totally appropriate. I told him I didn't want yellow gold, and that I wanted something you won't see often. I told him he can pick the stone but he knew my favorite colors. I also told him that I want the stone mounted nontraditional (crooked for most people). I'm in love with it. Having to explain it to the older generations has been fun haha.  

• My fiancé proposed after an amazing Valentine's Day dinner in Austin at Uchiko on February 13, 2016 at the Texas Capitol! We took a limo from our home in Belton, TX where we had an amazing and romantic dinner together. The limo then took us to the Capitol where he got down on one knee on the side steps and had his dad hiding to capture the unforgettable moment with pictures and video! My family and his family was then waiting for us back in our limo for celebratory champagne and happy tear filled hugs!  I had no idea and he completely designed the ring himself making it that much more special!
  • I didn't want to wear two rings, and really had no desire for a large stone. I have met several women in my life who only wore a wedding band, and they always seemed so elegant to me. One wore a thin micro pavé band, another wore a seriously wide plain gold band. I decided that's what I wanted. I found one online that I thought was beautiful and showed it to DH. He was against the idea of me only wearing a wedding band. We went shopping together and he eventually came around to my way of thinking. I pointed out a few bands I liked and then left him to figure it out. A month later he proposed with the ring I had originally sent him. I wore it throughout the engagement and now as my wedding ring. It's a 3ct tw alternating round and emerald cut diamond eternity band by JB Starr.

• Linzrene said:
    I didn't want to wear two rings, and really had no desire for a large stone. I have met several women in my life who only wore a wedding band, and they always seemed so elegant to me. One wore a thin micro pavé band, another wore a seriously wide plain gold band. I decided that's what I wanted. I found one online that I thought was beautiful and showed it to DH. He was against the idea of me only wearing a wedding band. We went shopping together and he eventually came around to my way of thinking. I pointed out a few bands I liked and then left him to figure it out. A month later he proposed with the ring I had originally sent him. I wore it throughout the engagement and now as my wedding ring. It's a 3ct tw alternating round and emerald cut diamond eternity band by JB Starr.

Gorgeous ring!

I love the idea of just a single band. I had a super long engagement of sorts (long story, but we knew we wanted to marry but didn't want it to be public until some family matters were sorted out). I wore a single eternity band for quite some time, but when my H bought me a more traditional ring, I just made the single band my wedding band. 

• edited October 2016
    Been engaged for about a month now, Sept 23, 2016. Asked me sitting on a rock under a full moon and stars!! was absolutely amazing. 2.01ct black diamond with a black Rhodium coated Sterling Sliver ring( i hate Gold) Wedding date isnt set in stone but is looking like it is Oct 27, 2017
  • This ring was my fiancé's great grandmother's from the 1920s. The center stone is a diamond with small sapphire and diamond accents. It is platinum. Just dropped it off at the jewelers to get it restored... can't wait to see the finished product!

• My engagement ring! We just got engaged on Oct 23 :)
  • 2.5 cts total, 1.6 cts main center stone! Engaged 2/11/16 in Cancun! 
  • Got engaged a month ago and getting married in 3 months!!! I love my ring and can't wait!! 
  • A photo doesn't do it justice. Proposal is at the end. Hope you enjoy!! 

https://youtu.be/2BD8vjfi3Ak
  • Just got engaged last Friday and he totally floored me with the ring!! I told him I liked pearls and white gold but that was all the guidance he got from me...

Wow wow wow did he get my style spot on! <333
    It's an Australian South Sea pearl flanked by 10 teardrop diamonds set in white gold. I don't have all the specs memorized but the pearl is AAA grade, round, white, has excellent grade luster and a thick nacre.
  • A little late (we got engaged earlier in the summer), but I just saw this thread and wanted to post. So excited to spend my life with FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I ALSO just got engaged about 48 hours ago! (Although we have been planning the wedding beforehand, this just made it all official!)

Ignore my awful nail polish, I was completely not expecting this!

I'm absolutely in love with it, and was not expecting anything this extravagant, cause he told me he was having issues with money (he just told me that to throw me off!)

It was a wedding set, but I haven't seen the wedding band yet. He said it's simple and contours to the ring, though! 
    8.18.18 <3
  • Gorgeous and brilliant all your engagement rings. ;););)
  • edited February 2023
    I love it so much! 🧡