Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Any other girls propose?

I've been wondering this. Did any other girls propose to their FI's? I did... we had discussed it in length several times and had decided to do it basically. We jokingly proposed to each other before but had said "it's not serious if your doing X" but on NYE I proposed and he said yes then he proposed later(after he got a ring lol)

Vacation

Re: Any other girls propose?

• Options
    Nope, I didn't propose. But I think it is super awesome when girls do. I did however find the ring and made him go buy it lol. I left it up to him after that.
  • Options
    I proposed to my fiance with a ring and everything.  I did it on our way up to Easter with my family.  I was so scared and nervous that he would say no, but he said yes!
  • Options
    I knew my fiance had been thinking about proposing and was just waiting to find the right ring and plan everything out, but I am so impatient. I just asked him.
  • Options
    I didn't propose but really neither did he.  We've been together for 7 years....living together for 5 of them so we knew we were getting married it was more waiting for the right time financially, for me to figure out exactly my career ambitions and finish some of graduate school and also for me to get a bit older.  We started dating when I was 18.....I'm now 25 and he's 29....I think the perfect ages for us.  We've both grown together and changed together.  He knows I'm a bit OCD when it comes to details and that I'd want to pick out my own ring.  Basically he saved the money and we went Ering shopping and designed the one I wanted.  We consider the date of the proposal the day we officially got the ring on my finger!! (though he did get down on one knee to put it on my finger.....but it wasn't like it was a surprise).
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_other-girls-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa96c4a3-7b4e-44ff-bb07-fd8377c411c9Post:71357100-93e9-4455-a4cb-438c1cbb2124">Re: Any other girls propose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I knew my fiance had been thinking about proposing and was just waiting to find the right ring and plan everything out, but I am so impatient. I just asked him.
    Posted by kpetrechko@yahoo.com[/QUOTE]
    This.  And then he made me wait for him to ask me - I knew he'd been planning, and he didn't want that to be a complete spoil!
  • Options
    I have proposed to my guy 3 times now... and I was shot down every time. The only thing holding him back is being able to afford a ring. Although I told him he didn't need a ring to propose, we could get that later! He keeps telling me that I'm doing it wrong, and when I ask how, he says he needs to do it - LOL
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options

Girls - I'd suggest waiting for the guy to propose! He should be wooing you, not the other way around!Tongue out

• Options
    re: PP, it's totally great that guys propose/woo their significant others ... but I also think it's also totally great that girls do too.  In a lot of m/f relationships the woman is the mover and shaker, nothing wrong with that.  It's all up to the couple.
  • Options
    He proposed first, with a ring, and a month later I proposed back, also with a ring. Both stories are in my bio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_other-girls-propose?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:fa96c4a3-7b4e-44ff-bb07-fd8377c411c9Post:19e8b2e4-2973-4e9b-81ab-924be3712bb4">Re: Any other girls propose?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Girls - I'd suggest waiting for the guy to propose! He should be wooing you, not the other way around!
    Posted by nebbiolo[/QUOTE]

Meh...I've been referring to myself as a gentleman rather than a lady for years anyways...I found that the guys who insisted the loudest that I was a lady were the ones least likely to treat me like one, so why bother?  H accepted that from the start, and knew that I'd already made the claim in a class once that, if I so chose, I would propose to a guy instead of sitting around waiting for him to do it(I was the only one who raised my hand at that question...the topic was patriarchy in history).

We'd actually been discussing marriage, off and on, for a while...we knew we wanted to wait until he was done with grad school to officially tie the knot, and he'd had the idea of "surprise proposals" being silly anyways, that it should come from an ongoing discussion and not out of nowhere...so I asked, after one such discussion.  He said "not yet," then a couple days later started asking which rings I liked, and two weeks later turned up with a ring.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm SUPER traditional.  I just think guys purpose and guys pick out the ring.  I don't even think that girls should go with the guys to look at rings or pick their ring out.  I just don't get it.  I think it comes off as pushy on the girls part.  I think too many times girls force guys into proposing.  Just my opinion....if people do it the other way around then good for them.  I guess I'm just a very traditional person as I stated before.
  • Options
    FI had told me he always figured if a girl really wanted to marry him, she would ask and that's how he would know she is serious.  We had discussed it, and even looked at rings.  So I proposed, 'not for today' but yes it's happening.  Later that night he proposed to me in front of our friends.  He let me design my own ring two days later.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards