Just Engaged and Proposals

Where to begin!

Fellow Knotians;

I have had an account for quite sometime and now I am finally a bride! My fiance proposed on Friday night and we are trying to set an August wedding date. My fiance really wants to just bask in the glow of engagement (it took him 4 years to get around to it) and while I am thrilled to be engaged (WOOHOOO!!!!!) I want to make sure that I stay on top of things and start planning asap!

I have read several "to-do's and don'ts" and know that priority number one is setting the date and the venue. I have a few appointments booked (thank goodness its thanksgiving weekend!) but wanted to ask you for some help. Where should I begin? I know the budget is really important, but I feel like I cannot set the budget until I know the venue and the costs of catering. Also, I know that the floral arrangements, cake, dress, bridesmaids (havent determined them yet) are important, but also feel like they can wait a while.

Anyways, you can tell I am a little overwhelmed and your opinions would be very much appreciated!

p.s I am really excited about the dress shopping and is it too soon to start looking?

THANKS!

Sincerely,

The newbie!

Re: Where to begin!

• Hi and Congratulations! I started looking for my dress waaaay before he proposed. He proposed on a Saturday and on Monday, I was out and about shopping for dresses! I had borrowed my cousins wedding planning guide she received from JCPenney when she was engaged and just erased the minimal notes that she had!
    It is really important to start with a venue. You probably need to follow up with a date because everywhere venue you view will ask for a date. The venue will drive everything: the decor, style, seating, cake, number of guests etc.

Hope this helps!

Follow http://evette-dearlybeloved.blogspot.com for great wedding ideas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards