Students

Starting nursing school and planning a wedding

Hi ladies! I'm a bit worried and stressed because I'm starting nursing school in August and also plannin my May 2013 wedding. I'm trying to get as much stuff bought for the wedding now while I have time and money because I'm afraid I won't have time to dedicate to the shopping and planning. Does anyone have any tips on how to study and plan a wedding?? Oh, and my wedding is going to be 2 hours away from where I live so I know I will have to take trips for hair appts, ect. Again, how can I juggle school and wedding planning trips???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Starting nursing school and planning a wedding

• I start back to nursing school this fall as well.

Our plan is to have all the big stuff booked and as much paid for as we can. We have a separate savings for just the wedding. I am also paying ahead on my tution for this reason. The hardest classes are going to be the anatomy classes and honestly I would start studying now with flash cards and coloring books. Thats what I have been doing.

Our wedding is May 18th. When is yours? I only have a half day of classes on Fridays so I should have time to get everything done. Our honeymoon is in July or August of next year when I am on a 2 month break.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our wedding is next May 25th, and I'm finishing my last year of undergrad this year.  Basically we're getting everything done we can over the summer.  We're also registering right before school starts back and we'll just update it online if we need to.  Due to working as much as we can to save up for the wedding, and taking full course loads, we won't have time to do much during the year.  If someone offers to help you with something, let them.  It'll take some of the stress off you.  

Just stay on top of your school work, if not ahead, and the wedding trips shouldn't be a problem.  If you ever have a few extra hours of free time and nothing wedding related, get ahead in your classes.  That's what we've had to do before.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • Thanks ladies.. So it sounds like I'm doing things right; buying as much stuff as I can right now before the crazy busy school year starts. My wedding is May 23rd, 2013. We also have a separate saving account as well, but it keeps getting depleted as we make payments for the ceremony/reception venue. My future mother in law has offered to help make centerpieces; I will definitely be taking her up on that. I'm also hoping to get my studies caught up during the week and reserve the weekend for wedding planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm heading into my 2nd year of nursing school and our wedding is in October. I just took one thing at a time during the school year and then over the summer I could do a little bit more (but not really any more free time since I work 60 hours a week). As long as you're organized and get the big vendors booked and taken care of, everything else can be done in little spurts when you have free time. Good luck :)
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Like PP's have said: take it one thing at a time. Do as much as you can while you have time, because once nursing school starts, most of your time is devoted to that (I'm currently on my summer break from my nursing program). I'm trying to do what I can now (invitations, centerpieces, etc) before it all starts back up in the fall. Thankfully, we already have our big vendors booked. Also thankful that this rotation in the fall isn't as heavy of a workload as previous semesters lol.
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding & good luck in nursing school!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!

• I start my third year of nursing school this August and I am getting married this October. Thankfully last semester was not toooooo demanding. I was able to get the majority of the major stuff done, like reserved my church and reception place, met with the bakery for our cake, etc. I made save the dates. So yeah, just one step at a time. I made sure not to let anything get in the way of my studies though! I go to school during the week and I am a waitress on the weekends.. so my time is very limited. But it IS possible!! DO NOT let anyone (professors, friends, nursing school buddies) or anyone tell you that planning a wedding in nursing school is not possble! 

During this summer break I have been working on ideas for decorating and have been buying stuff now. I made the guest list and my next step is making my own invitations and ordering napkins. I plan to have all my DIY stuff done before the school starts up because I am still not sure about clinicals yet!

But best of luck to you! Just remember... dont let anyone discourage you!
  • I am starting Pharmacy School in August and my wedding is planned for July 20, 2013. I am worried about the same things as you are. My goal is to have all the major things done before school starts like the venue, dress, and vendors. I will be attending school 2 hours away from where the wedding will be, so that will make things a bit difficult as well. I agree with everyone else, take it one thing at a time. I have found my dress, and now have 3 weeks left to find a venue and vendors. But, thanks to all of you I see that I am not alone, and it can be done. Also, I have great family and bridesmaids that are done with school and willing to help. So, dont be afraid to ask anyone, Im sure they wouldnt mind helping.

Best of luck to you on your wedding and school
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards