Students
Options

**ninjette04**

Hey!  I saw on another post that you want to be a Juvenile Probation Officer...I'm actually an intern for that position right now!  Have you had any experience in it?  What made you want to take that job route?  It's super stressful from what I've seen so far but really rewarding when you can really help someone out.  I'm not sure if I really want this as a career but I'm considering it if I could find an available position.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **ninjette04**

• Options
    You know... I had a class on juvenile delinquency and learned about the job there! Then I had to interview someone for another class so I interviewed a Juv Prob Officer, and I fell in love with what she had to tell me! What about you? What made you want to do that?  Where are you located?  I know there are more job offerings in a urban area vs a rural one.
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    It was actually really random - I am a psych major and one of my teachers had e-mailed me about the internship opportunity to work with an intensive probation officer or the juvenile drug court for a year.  I was originally interested in the drug court but I applied to both and got the internship for the intensive probation instead and I'm really glad I did!  I work in Pontiac, MI which is a pretty rough area (I don't know if you know anything about it) and it makes it a lot more fulfilling and...interesting at times.  It appealed to me because I've always known that I really want to help people in one way or another and I've always liked kids, so working with them is really great.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't know too much about it, but I know it's pretty rough there.  I'm from Cincinnati, OH, so it's rough here, but not as bad as your area, I don't think.  I have always known, too that I wanted to work with kids.  Currently, I work for my County's Clerk of Courts, so I'm just trying to dodge lay-offs, in hopes that after our budget gets better, I can use that as an in to the Juvenile Court System!
    ~*Married my best friend on October 2, 2010*~ BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards