Students

When Does Semester Start Back for Everyone?

Just curious as to when everyone's semester starts back?  Mine starts back 1/17/11, after MLK day.
PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image

Re: When Does Semester Start Back for Everyone?

• Lucky you, sounds like you have a nice long break!  I go back on the 9th and although it's my last full-time semester (part time in the summer then I'm done), I'm not really looking forward to going back, I'm just sick of college.  Three years ago, we went back on like the 19th if I remember correctly, but then they changed it to two weeks earlier.  Bummer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Well my school runs on quarters so we start on the 4th.
    Anniversary PersonalMilestone
  • I am also the 17th. Next school year they are suppose to be changing the semesters so winterm is able to have longer classes and not trying to cram so much into two weeks. We will be going back Feb. 2nd, which will be nice since semesters will not change to much.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We start back up on the 9th.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Feb13 Siggy Challenge
  • I start on the 9th as well. Thankfully, I got done with finals on the Tuesday during finals week so I guess I got an extra long vacation! I'm not super excited about classes (I'm taking my final math class this semester, aahh!) but I'm almost done! I can't believe I'm so close to being done!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • January 9th! & it's coming too fast. We didn't even get a full 3wks winter break
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers someecards.com - It's not what you do for me on Valentine's Day that matters but the amount of jealousy it provokes in others NEY Feb. Siggy Challenge: Non-Romantic Valentines Day Cards
  • I go back to living on campus on Jan. 22 and classes start the 23rd! about a month of break.
  • Classes start back for us on the 9th! Luckily, I only had an internship last semester so I got to leave on the last day of classes and not stay for finals!
  • Unfortunately, because my schools is run by MORONS, I don't KNOW when my January term starts. We were told, and the registrar's page says, our classes begin the 9th. Our professor is under the impression and was told by the grad school office that they begin the 3rd.

The program director's answer? "I don't know, and I'm not answering any more emails during the break. We'll have to figure it out when the office reopens on the 3rd."

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? My class starts at noon, the office opens at 9, and I live an hour away. Get your acts together!!!

Sorry for the rant, this only became apaprently yesterday, and I'm just a tad furious ...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• We go back the 9th of january
    forever one Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_semester-start-back-everyone?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:684Discussion:112b6e6d-9a52-4138-afca-e27ab43faed9Post:dc9989ef-5ff1-4b8b-b1bc-c09393a9b52e">When Does Semester Start Back for Everyone?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just curious as to when everyone's semester starts back?  Mine starts back 1/17/11, after MLK day.
    Posted by ChristineNB[/QUOTE]

We're on quarters - not semesters.

We start back on the 2nd of January - been off since December 9th.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I start on the 23rd, it's really nice having a month off of school!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I go back the 9th.. :(

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I go back on the 9th. I'm so thankful I got a whole month off this Christmas! All my friends hate me! :P
  • My classes start back up Jan 24th. This was a very much needed month break. Once I go back this month, I'll go a year straight without more than a couple weeks break between terms.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I start back up on the 17th.  My last semester in college than one more semester of student teaching and I'm all done.
    Payday
  • i go back the 17th, break is flying by for me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards