Students

Am I the only one that hates studying?

I mean I really Hate it! I'm finishing my undergrad this year and everyone just keeps on telling me that I should enjoy it since it's the best time of my life..
I don't see that, well mainly because I don't have the tipical 'student life'. I moved out of my parents house just before my first year ended, (long story) made me responsible to support myself financially and emotionally. No time to party and socialize but I'm fine with that.
I just hate studying. I'm more of a practical type of person thus I test terribly and really battle to study anything, even if I love the module.

Am I the only one that just cannot wait to get my degree and start working?

Re: Am I the only one that hates studying?

• I'm ready to get out of college.  I mean yes I went to parties last year, but then I lost my job, and had to find another one.  Which took 3 months so I couldn't afford to do anything.  Everyone has different college experiences, so what you feel is normal. 

I'm graduating a year early since I came in with enough credits to do so.  And I'm so glad I am.  Granted I'll go back for my MBA after a few years of work experience, but still.  That'll be part time.

Good luck with everything!  At least we only have 1 year left!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PersonalMilestone
  • I enjoy academia, otherwise I wouldn't be torturing myself with grad school. It's not for everyone, though, and sometimes it can be really grating. You'll be done soon!
  • Yes I cannot wait and agree that studying sucks! Only 1 year left of nursing school though. This time next year will be so awesome!
    June 2013 Sig - Shoes
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have one year left as well.  Can't stand studying either.  I am an education major so I would much prefer to go out into a school and do something for an assessment.  Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.  6 months until student teaching!
    Daisypath Graduation tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate it too... I never studied until I got up to my upper level sciences and I hate it.
    I didn't have a normal college experience either, despite the "best time of your lives" comments I got too.  I went to 4 different schools in two years until I started my school I'm at now... so my social life hasn't been very cohesive.
    Then I got engaged and moved in with my FI two years ago, so that further removed me from the "college experience"; we felt like we were on a different planet than most other students we met at our school. We don't really party (like mayybbbeeee a few times a year), we have two dogs whom we love and take care of like children, we visited family almost every weekend to help my mom on our family farm while my dad is overseas, and to attend my FIL's church.  So we spent a lot of time in transit.
    We finally moved out to the country, back to my mom's place to help her more, and it just kinda showed us who our friends really were.

But anyway... yeah. I don't exactly think my life is going to go down from here.  I'm hoping every year of my life is going to be great.
  • OP, I feel you. I had to drop out of college because of financial reasons after my freshman year. So instead of just sitting at home and crying about it, I decided to work at my church's christian acadamy as a full-time teacher. I did that for three school years, and then I began working on my church's staff and starting my own graphic design company (with my then boyfriend, now fiance :-)). Now I'm a successful business owner, my mom's assistant and I'm working to become a licensed housing counsler. I'm getting married next month, and after that, I'll be returning back to college,  nearly five years after I dropped out. One of the reasons it took me so long to return was because I liked, and still do like, working. Going to school never felt that productive. I would have much rather go and accomplish my dreams, than sit in a classroom.  But you know what, even when I wasn't in college, I had to study. Whether it be the curriculum I taught my students, or for my homeowner counsling license classes. Studying never ends, especially not in the real world. Education is important, and earning your degree will give you sense of accomplishment. It's much better now to get it over with, then to have to go back at 22, like I am,lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards