Students
Options

Online Degree!!

Hello ladies...Has anyone graduated with an online degree and actually got a J.O.B or do you know anyone that has?  What do you think of online degree? Thanks!

Re: Online Degree!!

• Options
    Don't really know of anyone who has an undergrad from an online university.  I think a lot depends on what you are getting your degree in.  IMHO, there is a lot of interaction during class that is very important in the learning process and you are totaling eliminating that by doing online. 
  • Options
    Beads921Beads921 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited October 2010
    I can't see how getting an online degree from an institution that offers both distance education and regular classes would affect your ability to get a job. A highly regarded institution is going to serve you much better than a random distance-ed only school. You wouldn't have to write on your resume that you got it online. Also, many good online programs offer very interactive learning through video-chats during the lectures and online group work.

Edit: I plan to do my Masters online (I haven't quite decided in what yet), so I can continue working.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Life is good today.
  • Options
    There was a story on one of the network news programs a couple of months ago on this subject because of Senate hearings related to gov't student loans for online colleges.  A ridiculously high percentage on online grads are defaulting on their loans because they can't get a job.  Hiring managers apparently look at them the same way I do:  why aren't you going to a brick and mortar school?  Even a community college would be better than this, and honestly, would probably cost you less. 

Hate to say it, but online degrees are bottom of the totem pole and with the economy the way it is.....
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    I am getting my Master's through online classes at a "real" university. So, I think that's quite fine. I am a little wary of places like the University of Phoenix who only offer online classes. Online classes are perfect with my schedule, and I do recommend them, however... just research the school where the degree is from. Make sure they are accredited. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards