Students

to honeymoon right after or no?

we're getting married on 10.10.10 (i know its a popular date) but its a sunday and dead smack in the middle of the semester. We're both in grad school. should we honeymoon right after the wedding or wait until the break?

I've been getting mixed opinions from friends and relatives. I'm leaning more on waiting until the break.

Re: to honeymoon right after or no?

• I would wait until break. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • We're getting married right before school starts up again in the summer, and we are waiting until christmas break.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • waiting for break would be wiser, especially depending on where you both are in your degree work.  on a scale from 1-10, 1 being carefree and 10 being panicked, how much would you worry about what you were missing by up and leaving the middle of the semester?  i had a family emergency to attend to earlier this semester, and i was out for 5 days.  i feel like i've been running a million miles an hour ever since to just keep my head above water. 

if it's a matter from family that you are going to miss the Holidays by waiting until break, then that's something they're going to have to cope with-after all, holidays with both families are going to change now that you guys will be a permanent unit.  have you and FI decided on where you're honeymooning?  is it close or far and exotic?  if you can swing it, take a long weekend to a B&B or something romantic close to your wedding date, and save the trip for when you have more time and energy to devote to the trip.
    Holiday Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'd wait until a break.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • It's not clear from your post if you're taking classes, or not?  If you would be missing classes, I'd say wait until break, otherwise it's more of a personal choice, and may depend on where you want to HM and if it's a good season there.  We're leaving in the middle of the semester, but neither of us will have classes so it would just be like taking off work.  We don't really get a full 'break' anymore for holidays, anyway, though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'd wait. We're getting married 10/10/10 and waiting until May, actually. More time to save up for the honeymoon! (We are, however, doing a mini-moon right after. Do you have a fall break coming up in October?)
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I would definitely wait until break.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would wait - we are waiting until spring break or after and we are getting married right before fall semester begins. A wedding is stressful enough - let alone adding a honemoon on top of it and missing part of the semester. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm getting married 11.7.10 and we're honeymooning over Christmas break.  I wasn't thrilled at putting it off, at first, and then realized that I'd spend my honeymoon worried about classes and upcoming exams if we did it in November. We get married on a Sunday, and we're taking Monday off, but nothing other than that til Christmas break.
  • i'd DEFINITELY wait til the break, though i'm sure once grad school hits ya - you'll realize that!  :-/  sorry dear - just rent a nice room for a few nights in/close to town.  that would be fun.

and check out the october 2010 brides group ;)
    Photobucket
  • Wait until break! We are getting married 9.11.10 and going for a quick honeymoon Columbus Day weekend (not far and just a couple nights) and a real one over Christmas break. I am with everyone else, you want to ENJOY your honeymoon, you don't want to be thinking about that pesky paper due Monday or what notes you are missing!
  • We planned our wedding to avoid this problem.  March 19, 2011 is the Saturday before spring break.  My fiance will be finished with school, but I won't be yet.  We would've liked to get married sooner, but we both hate the idea of a postponed honeymoon.  That being said, many people do it and it's really up to you and how you feel about it.  I just think that it takes away from the honeymoon and the wedding if you just go back to the "normal grind" right after the wedding.  Your wedding is on a Sunday.  Do you really want to go to school the next day?
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
    I keep you with me in my heart, you make it easier when life gets hard.
  • I'd wait. Then you can enjoy your honeymoon more and not worry about classes!
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • There's never going to be a good time ... I'd go immediately after.  You'll need the break!
  • We're getting married either 10/10/10 or 10/17/10, and I don't plan to take a break of more than a day.  Even if I did take a week off school, I know I'd have half my mind worrying about all the work I had to do!  I'll enjoy the honeymoon much more once the semester's over and I can relax.
  • We are getting married on 9.12.10 and will take a couple days for a mini-break after the wedding, but we are taking a pre-honeymoon this summer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards