Students

Newbie on the Student Side

Hi!

I feel like I have been a student FOREVER!

I am taking a couple of classes so I can get back into the swing of things...I would like to get my Masters in Business Admin. I currently have a BS in Accounting but I dont want to stop there.

I have to say this will be a challenge planning a wedding and going to school at the same time.

How do you all manage?

AND I have a 8 month old daughter...
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Newbie on the Student Side

• I think you should wait until after the wedding and your daughter is a little older before you begin an MBA. I'm not saying this to discourage you, but as a result of what my roommate is currently hearing. She's also looking into getting an MBA.

Not all schools are like this, but many MBA programs like to see that you've had a few years of experience in the business field and understand how companies work and how the business world really runs before launching into this degree program.

Additionally, after the wedding and your daughter has grown a bit, you and your family will be more settled and it will be easier to arrange things like who will be home with your little girl if you're in class until late (your DH, a baby sitter, MIL, etc), arranging for you to have a quiet place to do work and study, etc. This was part of the reason my mom didn't get her master's until my sister and I were in school all day, and fortunately, my dad's hours worked well enough that he could pick us up from school.
  • Welcome to the board and good luck with everything!  You definitely have your hands full!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards