Students
Options

Kinda PO-ed

Here is my dilemma....I work as a nurse right now. Going to school for np. Will graduate in December. Typically takes at least until March to get certification. Maybe moving out of state in May most likely definately out of state by August next year. I just switched to prn at my work....because school was getting really busy. I was thinking by late Nov. if I could I would increase to part time or full if available till I can get license and a new job. (Which if you know my work we have always been at least 2 full time nurses down so it is a def possiblity). Anyway, we have these things called cbl's at work. Basically we have several months to do them-educational requirement. Anyway, I finished all but one last week. I couldn't access the quiz on one of them and called my educator and the person in charge of "fixing" the problem according to the site. Well, still isn't fixed and the deadline for them is Friday. I got a phone call from the payroll chick today that said if it wasn't done on time they would be terminating me. I am PO-ed becaue I feel I have done everything I could I my part. I do have emails regarding the problem to document but I just know how this place works and they won't care. They will think I should have waved my magic and have it fixed. Anyway, this could leave me unemployed for several months (at least till march) because no one will want to higher a nurse for a few months. (Trust me it is not always as easy as you think to get a job as a nurse even though it is advertised that way-it typically takes a month or two to even be processed or at least in hospitals). Anyway...I don't think this is right. Sorry, I just don't see how it is my problem. I mean I have even asked for them to print the quiz out off someone elses access if they cannot get it to work and let me just fill it out to meet the requirement. I realize if I had the oppurtunity to finish for several months some may argue that I should have just done it earlier but honestly when I finished it basically none of the 50 people staff on our unit had anything done so I was actually ahead of the game. Anyway, I just wanted to vent. I emailed some more tonight but I have clinical for class all day tomorrow and the next so I cannot approach any of the 9-5ers about it because by the time I will be done with my school they will be gone. Ugh....I hope some sort of way this thing gets fixed. Urrrrrrrrrrrrr!