Students

Newly engaged and last semester of college

and it's soooo stressful!! Any tips on getting through both?? oh! And a part time job?

Re: Newly engaged and last semester of college

• Do one thing at a time.  Also have a plan for when your wedding stuff needs to be done by.  Also when is your date?
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• I agree with PP, prioritize what wedding stuff needs to be done this semester. It would be helpful to know your date. I did the same thing this semester, got engaged in Aug and am now done with school. Our wedding is next August, so we were able to push most planning off until after the semester. We just booked the major vendors (venue, photog, music) and bought our wedding bands this semester.

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Prioritize! I got engaged last October, finished undergrad in the spring and started grad school immediately after. All while holding a part time job. It's completely do-able!

Do the big things that absolutely have to get done asap, like now during the break. Things that need to get done, but aren't that urgent, or you don't care too much about delegate to people who are willing to help. My parents did a lot of stuff for me since I was living five hours away.

Try to get as much done during break times as possible, so that you can focus on school during school times. I made it a point to get all the big things done during break times and only focus on a few things during school. Every time I went home I had a huge list of stuff that needed to get done for the wedding.

As everyone around me has said, don't stress about the wedding, it'll be beautiful no matter what. I'm almost there and I can honestly say that despite a few freak out moments I've been basically calm the whole time. Next week might be a different story though :)
  • Our wedding is in June and the semester ends in May. We're using winter break to get a lot of stuff done, I hope! But it's important to get the big things done first. Secure a venue, food, DJ, photographer, cake, etc. We spent our late nights designing save the dates, but haven't got to invites yet. And then leave the little things like decorations to the weekends or when you get a few spare minutes. Spring break it's going to be a big week for working on flowers and centerpieces/other decorations I think. But any type of decor (besides flowers) is likely stuff that you can do when you find time. The big stuff needs to come first! Then you'll feel like you can breathe a little better and focus on other things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_students_newly-engaged-last-semester-of-college?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:684Discussion:63f4acf3-323c-4322-a6c6-b88ffa4d6e6cPost:20ef67fc-c347-4072-9045-9d35ba390fe8">Re: Newly engaged and last semester of college</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our wedding is in June and the semester ends in May. We're using winter break to get a lot of stuff done, I hope! But it's important to get the big things done first. Secure a venue, food, DJ, photographer, cake, etc. We spent our late nights designing save the dates, but haven't got to invites yet. And then leave the little things like decorations to the weekends or when you get a few spare minutes. Spring break it's going to be a big week for working on flowers and centerpieces/other decorations I think. But any type of decor (besides flowers) is likely stuff that you can do when you find time. The big stuff needs to come first! Then you'll feel like you can breathe a little better and focus on other things.
    Posted by Joker1628[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Exact same for me!</div><div>
    </div><div>Get the big stuff out of the way, and do details when you have spare time.</div><div>
    </div><div>I'd find myself during finals period this past semester day dreaming about wedding stuff when I should have been studying - it's definitely hard to do both when wedding planning is so much more fun than school work! But if you prioritize and stay organized it's totally fine :)

</div>
  • Just don't stress out about it ... you have alot of time I promise... i got in engaged in November.. did not start planning my wedding untill Aug this year and my wedding is in April... I work full time take 22 hours of school and i will be getting married 2 weeks before i graduate!   Just like everyone eles said .. just prioritize.. and have fun with the wedding planning cause that is your break from a job and school!!! You will be fine and do  great!!!!!
  • Sounds like you've got a good plan!

Make weekly lists of wedding related and non-wedding related (school) tasks to complete and stick to it.

Work ahead whenever you can!

You can do it!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards