Students

Graduation, then marriage, then law school. Sounds like a plan, right?

Good morning,
So my FI finally proposed last night, which in it of itself isn't overly huge because we have been planning the wedding for the last few months. However, when I told my mom you could tell she was almost disappointed and I know that my parents aren't really thrilled with the idea of my getting married at 21. They keep suggesting that he and I live together first, which has never been an option in my household, until, i started dating a guy they didn't approve of, anyways. Sorry, off topic.
So anyways, A little about me, I will graduate with a double major in Philosophy and Religious Studies in May and am currently in the process of applying to law school. We are planning on getting married the summer before I start law school so that he can go with me, and no matter where I end up going to school I will have a built in support system coming with me. He is definitely the caretaker type and is a better cook than I am, and he is macho enough to own that fact. We are best friends and I love him like crazy, but I hate when everyone keep suggesting that we live together first, that we won't be able to make it work, etc. My parents even went so far as to give me a lecture on the cost of divorce etc. 
On top of the fact that we just found out FI is diabetic, and it is time for me to do midterms, this is more stress from my family that I didnt really need. 

So, my question to you, yes, there is a question at the end of all this, is... am I doing the right thing by wanting to get married before law school and not wanting to live together first? Am I just extremely overwhelmed and that's why this is bugging me, or do I need to seriously rethink our plan? 

Thanks for the help 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards